trois

Renjun woke up with headache. His head pounding so hard against him making him wince from the pain. No, scratch that, he feels like someone just beat his head on repeat and it really feels like dying.

"Good morning baby," a man, voice so familiar surround the area. A voice he felt like he heard it just yesterday.

Jolted, he scramble the duvet and wrap himself with it and making a defensive stance. All covered up and the man broke into a hysteric laugh.

"Oh baby, you are so funny. Just yesterday you were begging for me-"

"I certainly did not!" Renjun spat.

"You did not. Correct. But hey, I'm the one who help you when you suddenly throw up at the bar and get you nice and clean. I deserve some apology but you gave me an attitude? Oh come on honey, that's not how the world works." The man spread his arms out.

"Who are you?" Renjun frowning. He clearly doesn't like the tone that the man just use to him.

"Just like I said. I'm your knight. In a shining armor."

"You clearly not."

Chuckled. "You are so feisty baby. I like it."

"Spit out your name or I'll beat the hell out of you."

"Lee Donghyuck. Uff, come on man. That ain't sweet."

Renjun warily nod his head after receiving the name. but then something hit him. Lee Donghyuck? As if in Lee Haechan? The Full Sun? Choco Ball?

"Haechan?!" Renjun exclaim. Splatter away the duvet that cover him from the evil eye.

The man nodded aggressively. Happy that his old best friend finally recognize him.

"Yes you idiot. I am him. Come hug me now." He spread his hands to catch the running Renjun who's scramble from the bed to fall on his best friends arms.

Tears start streaming down his pretty eyes. "I missed you."

"I miss you too." Donghyuck said and cares his long time best friend's hair.

Renjun hit his chest softly and give it a little pinch. "Where the fuck did you go? You left me for ages and here you are, being my knight? Did you know how lonely I am."

"I'm sorry Junnie. I'm here now." He kissed the older's forehead and hug him tighter.

But then the happy tears becoming a sad wail from the older. He cried so hard as if someone has just died in front of him. The tears falling like rain and it pain Donghyuck who's arm tightly holding his thin waist.

"Hey bub, what's wrong?" he ask carefully.

"I- I've lost him. He never love me from the start and our- oh poor my daughter. One day she'll ask where his papa is but he don't want her anymore. Oh Donghyuck!" Renjun wailing in his sobs.

Stunned, Donghyuck just keep hugging the boy silently without words. How dare a man  left Renjun broken when he himself couldn't make the boy love him years ago. When he struggled to get a single affection of Renjun.

How dare that man.

"so basically, you're telling me that the man you've had a child with, which is Jeno left you for another which is a lifelong best friend of both of you? His first love?" Renjun hum after sipping a hot refreshing Jasmine tea. "And you are okay with it?" he nodded again. "Are fucking mad? Or are you desperate?"

The Chinese groaning. He put down his cup on the kitchen counter and look at Donghyuck sharply. "Oh come on. I thought we are over this. I'm the one who's stealing Jeno from Jaemin. Forcing Jeno into relationship and bind him down. It's normal to do this."

Donghyuck scoff and bite down some of his pancakes. "Well sorry for being abnormal one. Not everyday people break up while having a child that ties them only for a- what do you call? True love? First love?" he mocked the Chinese.

"Don't you have anything better to say?" frowning, Renjun click his tongue for being irritated with his best friend.

"Jun. I leave you to Jeno's hand not for him to treat you this shitty. I left for Paris not to see you broken down on some bar at the downtown. That's not what I hope to see when I encounter with you back. And plus, that's so mess up, Jun. He shouldn't do it when he is still in love with someone else. Not when he should know the consequences." Donghyuck take Renjun's hands to his. Giving it a little squeeze to knock some sense into him.

But all Renjun gave him was a sad smile. "Everything is already said and done. Nothing can change it back now Hyuck. You know that very well over how stubborn Jeno is when he is set on something he is invented to. And I'm not gonna make it hard for him."

"You-"

Not even letting Donghyuck finish his sentence, a call coming through on Renjun's phone. A call drom his adoptive brother, Mark Lee.

"Sorry I gotta pick the call first." He gave an apologetic smile to Donghyuck to which the latter just wave off and shrug.

Renjun step aside from the kitchen and pick up the call in Donghyuck's living room.

Renjun: Yes, Markle. What's wrong?

Mark: Don't 'what's wrong?' me. Where the hell are you? It a fucking 2 in the afternoon!

Renjun: sorry hyung, I'm- I'm at my friend's house for a while. You know, donghyuck? Yeah he's the one.

Mark: Donghyuck who?

Renjun: my best friend in junior high. Ring a bell?

Mark: nope, and I don't care. Get your fucking ass here ASAP or I'll murder you personally.

And with that, Mark end the call. Leaving Renjun sighing for the nth time already that day.

"So what're you gonna do?" Donghyuck ask, leaning on the kitchen's frame. Startling Renjun on the process.

"Shit Hyuck," he muttered and then continue. "Nothing, I guess."

"NoThIng I GuEsS," he mocked. "Well Jun, I suggest you to....."

_To be continued_