vingt trois

A few days after, Jeno keep pondering whether to talk to the older or not regarding the news that Yangyang told him. He already break the news to Jaemin, and of course, Jaemin didn't take the news well. He keep on mumbling like this is all his fault and everything that he can think of.  The older korean indeed tried to fend off any negativity from the younger's mind by giving him enough assurance. Sad he couldn't do the same to Renjun.

As he sat in his office, glancing at his phone that's been threatening to make him text Renjun to meet up. He know he didn't have any rights to meddles with the older's life, but the thought of losing Renjun the second time, and even scarier, forever didn't sit right in him. His heart aches a lot for the past few days thinking about all the possibilities when Renjun is no longer by his side.

"Fuck it." He pick up his phone and unlock it.

Jeno carefully type on his phone. Thinking over what should he write to Renjun for the latter to meet him in their favourite cafe. So he wrote a simple hi.

Jeno:
Hi!

But there's no repond from Renjun. The older probably too busy, or maybe he's not available for a text. Jeno tried to be optimist.

After felt like a century, a notification from Renjun came.

Renjun:
Hi?

Jeno:
Can we meet?

Renjun:
For what?

Jeno:
I just want to talk to you about something

Renjun:
About what?

Jeno:
Just
can we just meet?
Please?

After 10 minutes, making Jeno wait anxiously for Renjun's answer.

Renjun:
Fine
Meet me at the hospital

Jeno:
Can we meet at our cafe?

Renjun:
No
Hospital

Jeno:
Jun, i just want to treat you in our cafe

Renjun:
Fine
When?

Jeno:
This sunday?

Renjun:
Okay

"Hi." Jeno awkwardly tried to start the conversation. And only receive a smile that didn't even reach the person ears. Not the bright smile that Jeno await.

"What do you want to talk about?" Renjun ask him impatiently. While he tried to conceal his emotions, he also tried to control his face not to make any bad reaction. Well, he is now a change man.

"I just. I want to talk about- about us." Finally, he starts slowly, not to agitate Renjun more like the last time.

The older raise his brows. Looking puzzled at Jeno as he said, 'About Us'. What is it about them that Jeno want to say? Isn't it already been said and done?

"I just. I realized, I've never apologized to you honestly and correctly. We just keep on fighting with ego and anger everytime we met. I don't think I've ever allowed myself apologize to you like how a man should do." Jeno look down, playing with his fingers while Renjun just keep on listening to him. He even glance outside of the café just to not feel awkward in the conversation.