dix neuf

Finally, Renjun put an end to his disappearance. He 's coming back for his daughter with Sicheng after months of trials and errors. After countless of tests. It's short in fact, but since Renjun couldn't stay too far from his daughter any longer, they decide to wrap it up with just a few cures that they successfully achieve.

With Sicheng's guidance and Renjun's resilient, they have now come to a closure for everything. An impossible cure that he's scared of. A closure to his disappearance.

"You're ready?" Sicheng ask, a bit unsure.

The younger inhale sharply. He look to the crowd. "I am." He said softly but with determinations.

"Good. Now let's go. I've contacted Taeyong, saying that we're here." Renjun's eyes widen. He is bewildered that Sicheng actually keep in contact with his step-brother. Because he is sure Sicheng isn't the type that reaching out to someone out of his comfort zone. So Sicheng contacting Taeyong is out of questions.

"Shocked?" The older chuckled. Earning an aggressive nods from the younger. "I've been contacting him ever since you step your foot in the café. I know something is wrong. With how you suddenly seeking for me out of all people you know. So I got his numbers through Kun." He smiled proudly.

"Wha-" before he can even ask, he heard someone shouting his name loudly.

"Huang-Lee Renjun!!!" a loud voice booming through the crowd, making he shift his eyes to the owner of the loud voices.

Cold sweat breaking through his forehead. His clammy hands grasp his luggage tightly. Waiting for the incoming force that will crash to him in any minutes.

And a few seconds later, he feel someone indeed crashing themselves to him. He sigh in relief as it not that hard of a force.

"Huang Fucking Lee Renjun! How dare you show up after 6 months and smiling like an idiot when we- no, I am worried sick about you. Me! Of all the people, are worried." The man embrace the younger Chinese in a tight hug as wipe his tears and snort at the younger's shirt.

Renjun grimace. "Hyung, that's unsanitary." He said with a teasing tone. Trying to brighten the mood.

"Fucking hell." Mark slap the younger's shoulder as he kept hugging him.

Sicheng just shook his head as he grab the younger's luggage.

"I guess you are, Renjun's older cousin? Dong Sicheng?" Lucas ask, a bit unsure. He hold out his hand to have a hand shake with the older.

"That is me indeed." Sicheng smile and grab the younger's hands.

"Wong Yukhei, or just Lucas is fine." They both exchange a few words and let Mark and his younger brother catching up with each other while walking to Lucas's car.

"Where the hell have you been Jun-ah?" Mark ask with his worried voice.

Renjun just smile and look at Mark with his doe eyes. "I'm trying to heal my daughter hyung. I would do anything for her. Even if I had to sacrifice the world for her, I would do that. Gladly." He said calmly.

"Jun-ah." The older could only comfort him with a side hug to the younger as he himself would do the same for his niece.

"It's okay. I'm getting better. Plus, I found something that can cure her. So, there's no need to worry anymore hyung." Renjun said with ease as they enter the car and sit at the backseat while Sicheng and Lucas put their luggages in the boot.

"Glad to hear that. And you, Huang Renjun, you need to fill me in for a whole fucking 6 months you were gone. And I'll do the same."

"Okay, but can I go to the hospital first?"

Jeno saw Renjun entering the ward of their daughter. His blood rushed to his face and heart beating erratically making him mind clouded. The walk he took is faster than the wind. He forces open the door with a bump sound echoed in the ward.

"Huang Renjun!" he snapped his voice at Renjun who look a little too shocked with Jeno.

Dripping with sweat, almost tearing. He rush to hug his one and only Renjun. Another love of his life.

"Jun-ah. Where did you go? I'm so worried sick about. I thought I lost you the second time." He cried and nuzzle his nose to the latter's neck.

Renjun went stiff as he look at Jeno and Jaemin back and forth. Confusion surrounding him. Also a bit overwhelm by the thought that Jaemin will be angry at seeing his boyfriend hugging him.

But Jaemin just flash a sweet smile to calm the older. But the smile making Renjun more perplexed than relaxing him. He push Jeno from him and shoot a glare at the younger.

"You shouldn't hug me that tight. It's inappropriate for both of us." He scratch his neck where Jeno nuzzled his nose at. Feeling weirded out by the action.

Jeno just look at him with teary eyes. "I miss you Jun-ah." He said mixing with sniffles. "Jaemin and I have been searching for you everywhere. I asked you friends in Jilin, but no one knows where you are. I was so scared that you're leaving again."

The Chinese raise his brows. He crossed his arms as he shoots Jeno and Jaemin a questioning look. "I'm not that crazy to leave my own daughter. I'm not that cruel." He said with a stern voice. Almost like mocking.

"I know you will not leave Emily. But I thought you were so angry at both of us that you suddenly left her to us. We just don't know what's playing inside that pretty head." Jaemin said as he smiles reaching his ears. Beaming at Renjun for coming back even if it so long.

But the Chinese just shook his head and turn to his daughter who's sleeping so comfortably. He smiled. Finally smiling after frowning the entire time.

He approached her carefully, trying not to wake the sleeping baby in hospital gown. He took the girl's hand and hold it gently.

Emily's eyes fluttered open, waking up by the slight touch of Renjun to her hands. She mumbles softly, "Baba?" she asked. Not believing her vision that's still filled with sleep.

The older smiled through his pain. He gritted his teeth trying not to cry in front of her again. "Hey baby. I'm here. Baba is home."

Instantly, she shoot herself up and hug Renjun tightly while tears streaming down her face. Her action is so similar with her papa.

"Baba," she cried. "Don't leave me again. I'm sorry for being sick and weak. I promise I will be fully healthy again. So please don't leave me again. Baba." She wailed erratically. Eyes falling shut as she cried so hard, hugging the older tightly until her knuckles turn white.

The scene hurt Jeno and Jaemin as they witnessed themselves how Emily tried to be strong with her Baba's absence and patiently waiting for him like a good girl while silently, in the middle of the night, she cried herself to sleep. They saw how Renjun leaving making her crumble into pieces and they swore that they would do anything to bring back her smile. And only Renjun can do that.

"I'm sorry baby. Baba is so sorry for leaving. Forgive me." The older couldn't hold it anymore and he finally let go of his remaining ego. Crying in front of Jaemin and Jeno. Letting himself melt while embracing his daughter.

Jaemin took a step further and approach them. He bends down and carefully wrap his arms around Renjun and Emily, exhale shakily as Renjun just let the man embrace them. He motions for Jeno to join to soothe the crying mess father and daughter duo, and Jeno complied.

If people saw them, they'll look like a perfect happy family. But deep down, they know how broken they are with each of their own insecurities and faults.

-To be continued-