vingt

"You came back."Jeno start awkwardly.

Renjun hummed, suddenly feel a hot breezes of the weather. He shivered over how sweaty he is at the moment. "I did."

The three of them sitting on a bench at the hospital garden that filled with patients and guardians, even nurses taking a walk and get some fresh air outside of the white walls.

Renjun in the middle while both Jeno and Jaemin sit beside him, looking at the scenery of children running around. Parents trying to catch them for them to behave and some people in hospital's gowns laughing wholeheartedly. They envy over how happy the people around them. Sad that they can't smiling and laughing like them.

After a moment of silence, Jaemin look at Renjun while his hands clasp together. "We missed you. So much."

"I'm sorry. I guess. I don't know how to react to that." The older Chinese look blankly at the void. He didn't feel guilty of suddenly leaving them, but instead toward his daughter.

Huffing, Jeno won't let Renjun's nonchalant attitude spiking his mood anymore. So he tried to find answer for all of his questions. "Where did you actually go? What are you doing there? And why suddenly come back?"

"I've told you didn't I? I'm leaving to Jillin. And why do you care so much about what I do?" Renjun rolled his eyes.

Before Jeno could even retort back, Jaemin shook his head, gesturing that Jeno should keep his anger down when talking to a stubborn Renjun.

"We're just worried about you Jun-ah. I know you are still mad at us, but we are so worried and care for you." Jaemin look earnestly at Renjun. Trying so hard to convey his true feelings. But unfortunately, Renjun only snickered upon hearing Jaemin.

"Don't worry about me. Cause I'm only gone to find a better treatment for my daughter. And plus, she-" he stay silent for awhile.

Jeno tilt his head to get a better look at Renjun. "She what Jun?"

"Mily needs you the most. As her papa. She needs you to be by her side after all this time. After I separate you. And she needs to get close to Jaemin too for her to get used to be with the both of you." He forces himself to speak the truth.

Yeah, there's no point in hiding anymore. But the truth beyond the truth. Let just say, only him and Sicheng should know.

"What do you mean?" Jeno ask in concern.

"It mean what it means." Renjun just sigh.

Jeno look at Jaemin, clueless while facing Renjun. But Jaemin just shrug and continue to fix his eyes at Renjun. Both trying to find answer behind Renjun's words. Suddenly want to get them close to Emily when after all this time, he tried so hard to not let Emily be near them. Let alone getting used to them.

Speechless, they just stared at Renjun while the older just shut his eyes and let the breezes calm him.

"Is he gonna be okay?" Sicheng ask worriedly as he sip on his tea that have been serve by Taeyong.

"He should be. After all this time, I think he'll be okay to talk to them maturedly." Jaehyun stare down at his palm. Trying to find comfort in his own words.

A pair of eyes staring at Sicheng brightly. Like he knows Sicheng know something that none of the family know. Well, technically Sicheng is a part of Renjun's family, but you know what he means. Donghyuck smirk mischievously making Ten nudging him using his elbow.