Five

The sound of her alarm, didn't wake her up. Bella leaned against the door shaking her head. She bit her lip thinking of how to get her sister up when she saw her sister's phone. Walking over to it, she grabbed it and called the one person she knows will wake her sister up. "Edward, this is Bella. I'm about to leave for school and I can't get Maddie awake. Can you come by and get her."

"Sure. Thanks for calling."

"Thank you." She said as she hung the phone up. "Now to speak to James today."
~~~
When Edward arrived, Madeline was still in bed. "Madeline?" She squirmed. "Come on, you need to wake up."

"No." She said as she hid under the covers.

Edward smiled as he kissed her head. "Why don't you want to go to school?"

"Because I don't want to deal with James and Bella today." She replied.

"Move over." He tells her causing her to poke her head off under the covers.

"Why?"

"Because if you aren't going, then I'll join you."

Madeline blushed as she scooted over. Edward moved the cover down and groaned as he saw her in a t-shirt and panties. "Edward?"

"You seriously don't help." He tells her. "But I can ignore it."

Madeline went to question, but he simply put his arms around her causing her to smile. She blushed as she realized what he meant. He was turned on causing her to blush more. Edward looked at her to see she fell asleep with a tint of red to her cheeks making him chuckle a bit. Something about this week was bothering him.
~~~
Sometime that day, Madeline and Edward laid together on the hammock that Madeline hung up in the backyard. When Bella got home, she walked straight to her sister's room to see no Madeline. "Where are you?"

Edward heard her, but stayed quiet. He looked at Madeline as she was reading causing him to kiss her head. Bella went to check outback just to see Madeline with Edward reading. She shook her head with a smile before walking away to do homework.

"Edward?"

"Hmmm?"

"You need to go hunt." She tells him. "You've been here all day and not once have you said you needed to hunt."

"I didn't want to leave..."

"Edward, I'm fine." She tells him. "I'll leave the window open for you."

"Okay."

Madeline walked with Edward to his car. Bella watched as he touched Madeline's cheek and leaned in to kiss her head. She smiled as she watched her little sister walk back in. "Are we going to talk about you and Mr. Edward Cullen?"

Madeline blushed. "No..."

"Come on, let's talk. Just you and me about Edward and James."

"James?" She asked. "Did something happen between you two?"

Bella realized she made a mistake saying his name. She looked at Madeline who held an innocent smile. "A bit of both." She said as they sat down on the couch. "We started talking like we both wanted to know one another till I ruined it."

"Bella, maybe if you kept your questions to yourself, then things will work out between you two." Madeline said as they covered up under the blanket. "And everything between me and Edward, we're taking it slow."

"That's good." Bella replies. "Let's watch a movie."

"Deal."
~~~
That night, Charlie saw both his daughters sound asleep. He smiled as he covered them both back up.  Edward and James watched as Charlie walked upstairs. "They're asleep. Should we.."

"No." Edward said. "That will make Charlie suspicious."

James sighed as that was true. "Let's hunt."

"Nah. You go. I have something I'm planning for Madeline."

James nodded as he left. Edward looked at Madeline before leaving to get things started for the date he has planned.