Eight

The night came and Bella was with Jessica and Angela. Charlie sat with his daughter watching a movie when they heard someone at the door. "I got it." She says as she went to see who was knocking. Madeline opened the door and saw Edward. "Are you ready to meet daddy?"

"Yeah." He says. "Um...do you think we can talk?"

"About?"

"I'll tell you once we're alone." He says as he walked in. "Let's go meet your dad."

Madeline was scared as she didn't like this idea. Charlie looked at his daughter and her boyfriend. "Daddy, this is my boyfriend Edward. Edward, this is my dad, Charlie."

Charlie walked over to him causing Madeline to freak out on the inside till he grabbed Edward's shoulder. "All I'm going to say is to treat my daughter right." He says as the phone started ringing. "You can join us for movie night."

Edward nodded as him and Madeline took a seat as Charlie went to answer the phone. "Edward, what was you needing to tell me about?"

Before he got the chance to tell her, Charlie walked back in with his heart broken. "Madeline, I need to go to the station."

"Daddy, what's wrong?" She asked as she stood up.

"They found another body." He says. "It's someone we know very well."

"Who?" She asked as Edward stood up beside her.

"Waylon."

Madeline covered her mouth as Edward pulled her into a hug. "Edward, stay the night. She needs you."

"But you need me." Madeline says as Charlie hugged her and kissed her head.

"Maddie, you don't need to be there. Stay here with your boyfriend. You need him just as well."

Madeline didn't argue as he father left. She turned around and hugged Edward as he held her tight. "Bella knows."

"What a horrible night?" Madeline says as she looked at Edward as he pulled them down on the couch.

Edward kissed her head as he held her. Madeline looked back at the screen and wondered how tonight could have turned from wonderful to horrible within hours.
~~~
Sometime that night, Bella and Charlie walked through the doors and saw Madeline and Edward sound asleep. Charlie shook his head as he walked up to Madeline's room to cover her up. Bella wanted to wake her sister up, but knowing Edward was here wouldn't do no good. She walked upstairs to her room to read the book.

Charlie covered the couple up before walking to his room. Edward opened his eyes and knew that tomorrow, everything was going to change. He looked at Madeline and closed his eyes. She made him feel human without trying.

Sorry it's short. Next chapter will be long whenever I have a good idea for it. Till next time.