Fourteen

Filler chapter
Baseball is one of the best times for the Cullens because of the storm, but they didn't know if Madeline and Edward would be there as Edward and Madeline can't seem to keep their hands off one another. James shook his head upset that his brother and Madeline were upstairs. "Why can't she be at the house?'

"You're afraid of Charlie?"

"Uh...yeah." He says. "Charlie loves Edward, but me, I don't know."

Edward walked downstairs causing them to look at him. "Are you going to play?"

He shrugged as he didn't really have a plan. Esme looked at him. "Where's Madeline?"

"In bed, asleep." He says. "What is with all the questions?"

No one didn't say another word as he grabbed Madeline a glass of water. They watched Edward go upstairs and knew, he may not go.
~~~
Later that day, Edward and Madeline cuddled up on the couch watching baseball as Edward wanted some alone time. He wasn't going to listen to his family talk about his and Madeline's bond. It's none of their business. "Edward, is something bothering you?"

"The way everyone talks about us."

"Ignore it." She tells him. "I do."

Edward smiled as he kissed her head just to hear panic. The two shared a look and knew something happened. "I'll go see what is going on and I'll let you know."

"Okay."

Madeline called her dad to see if he was watching the game too. She never saw Bella and James running in till she got off the phone. "Bella, I know you're here, but you didn't have to hurt daddy like that."

"Madeline, I'm being hunted." She looked at her shocked. "Yeah. James is after me."

"Edward!" He came back to the room. "Whatever plan they have, you do it. I can't lose my sister."

"Sisters forever." Bella says as she held her hand out.

"Friends forever." Madeline says taking her hand in hers. "You will be safe."

"Thank you." She says hugging her. "I love you."

"I love you."

Edward watched Bella leave causing him to look at his mate. "Let me tell you the plan."

"Okay." She says as Edward guided her to the garage.

Carlisle looked at them and smiled as he was glad those two know how to plan as a team. He looked back at Laurent. "Explain to James and Bella what is happening."

"I will." Laurent tells him as Bella and James came in.

"He's here to warn us." Carlisle tells them causing James to calm down.
~~~
In the trees, Victoria sat watching the mind reader and the gorgeous girl. She knew right there that they were more than just mates making her plan. If something happens to James, she will turn the girl to make her sister jealous. Not knowing that the sisters have a bond that can't be destroyed.