3

The audience erupts into a thundering applause as her dance solo comes to an end. Her heaving chest and sweat dripping down the side of her face are ignored as her face breaks out into a proud smile. She curtsies to the people applauding her. After taking one last look at the crowd, she walks backstage and is met with the rest of the dancers, who congratulate her on an unforgettable performance.

"Yes, it was quite the show," a voice from the shadows says and Mari turns her attention to the source.

A man with light-colored hair comes out of the dark corner, his arms propelling himself forward in his wheelchair. "Hello, Mari."

"Oh, Jimin," Mari says, sending her friends a quick wave before walking over to the man. "I didn't know you'd be here."

"I asked Jia where you would be performing tonight," he explains. "I wanted to see you dance."

"Well, what did you think?" She asks, still slightly out of breath as she wipes her face with a towel.

"You have potential," he says, a sparkle present in his eyes. "I think we will have an amazing future together."

Mari laughs, feeling suddenly uncomfortable with how intense his stare has become. "We?"

"Like I've mentioned, I used to be a dancer. I would love to become something of a coach for you. You know, teach you what I've learned over my years of dancing. I could take you to another level, Mari," he says, a smile that doesn't reach his eyes spreading across his lips.

"Oh... while that is very sweet, I am sorry to say I already have a coach. I appreciate the offer though," she says, bowing slightly to him before stepping back a few steps. "I'll see you around, Jimin."

As she tries to walk away, Jimin holds up his hand and she freezes in her place.

He can hear her breath become unsteady as she realizes she can't move.

"I'm afraid I won't take no for an answer, Mari," he says in a smooth tone. "You will come with me."

As he slowly twists his wrist and fingers, Mari's body follows his hand's actions, and he can see the terrified look on her face as he beckons her forward.

"Let's go home, puppet."