13

"Say it again," Jimin says in a dangerously low tone, refusing to make eye contact with her as she screams out in agony.

"I won't leave you," she says, voice hoarse from screaming and crying.

"Again," he says, staring at her hands chained above her head as she stands on her tiptoes, barely reaching the floor.

"I won't leave you," she says over and over again each time he's told her to say it.

They've been at this for four hours.

Her hands are numb. Her wrists are bleeding. Her feet are cramping.

But he refuses to let her down.

Tears are streaming down his own face as he finally looks up at her; she continues to scream for help, not caring about what he will do.

"You will stand here like this until you lose your voice completely for all I care, so go ahead and scream. No one can hear you," Jimin snaps.

"Jimin, it hurts," Mari says, her voice a hoarse whisper. "Please, I just want to go to sleep."

Jimin laughs without a hint of humor in his harsh gaze. "Do you not realize how lucky you are? If you were anyone else, I would have ended this a long time ago. The only reason you are still breathing is because I see too much potential in you to let you go to waste. Now, if you can stop whining for five minutes, maybe I'll let you down."

Mari hangs her head, feeling blood from her wrists dripping into her hair.

Taehyung betrayed her.

He could have stepped aside. It was as simple as that.

He could have said the room was empty when he went in there.

He's just another monster in her eyes now.

She truly is, and always has been, alone here.

"Good puppet," Jimin coos before calling out for Taehyung, who has been waiting upstairs for Jimin to come back.

"Get her chains off of the ceiling and attach them to the new anchor you installed please," Jimin instructs and Taehyung does so without even a glance at Mari.

She keeps her gaze on him, daring him to look her in the eyes after what he did.

Taehyung never even acknowledges her. He walks back towards the stairs leading into the house after moving her chains back.

Jimin wheels himself towards the basement door, and both men leave without a glance at Mari, who has curled up on her mattress, silently sobbing.

Taehyung stops at the top of the stairs, leaning his head on the door as he wipes his own tears away.

"Damn you, Jimin," he whispers. "Damn you."