19

Jimin sobs into his hands, shaking his head as Mari watches him.

"I just wanted to dance again, somehow," Jimin says, sobs wracking his fragile form. "How did it end up this way?"

Mari watches Jimin break down in front of her.

It's like watching his best friend die because of him has unraveled him from the inside out, and he's not able to hold himself together anymore.

Her gaze turns to Taehyung's lifeless body and something inside her mind snaps.

She's done.

She is done being a puppet. She is done being abused, scolded and forced under someone else's will.

Rage fills her veins as she launches herself at Jimin. Without a second of hesitation, she grabs the locket that is always around his neck and pulls it, causing the chain to break and fall away from his neck.

Jimin watches her with wide, teary eyes as he realizes she is holding the strings of his control in her palm.

Without that, he can control no one.

As soon as she feels his control slip away, she begins to scream for help. She screams and screams until people begin to flood the room, looking around frantically for the source of the commotion.

Ten minutes later, Jimin is being handcuffed and Dr. Lee is trying to explain what happened.

A doctor comes in to check Taehyung, and after checking for a pulse and finding none, they take his body out of the room towards the morgue.

Jimin watches as they carry his best friend away on a stretcher.

"I think that is what I am most sorry for," he says as they wheel him towards the door. "He was my best friend. I just got so angry. I need to work on my temper, don't I?"

"You deserve to rot in hell for everything you've done, Jimin," Mari says as a cop comforts her.

"Goodbye, my puppet," he says, turning his head to smile at her. "Remember that your strings are not gone. They're just out of my grasp for now."