16

Jimin's eyes are locked onto Mari's graceful figure.

It's the best performance they've ever done; the audience is twice the size it was the first time.

Mari attempts to ignore the lingering pain in her wrists and feet, all of which are still healing from her punishment from a week ago.

She got her voice back after a few days, but she doesn't use it much. There's no reason to.

As Mari feels Jimin pulling her body to and fro, twisting and turning her limbs in whichever way he deems perfect, she lets her mind wander once again.

She imagines herself on a date with a handsome man, laughing as he tells her a joke during a walk in the park. She imagines that they would hold hands and sigh happily at the gentle breeze tousling their hair as they cuddle into each other for warmth.

Jimin, lost in his own world as well, imagines himself on stage instead of Mari, spinning on the stage with just as much precision and grace, if not more. He can almost feel the gentle breeze of the air whipping around him as he spins and twists until the world around him is forgotten.

Jimin is suddenly jolted forward when someone runs into his wheelchair on accident, and Jimin's attention snaps away from Mari for just a moment.

Mari, in this single moment, hears the commotion and sees Jimin's attention has been pulled away. In her shock, she falls straight to the ground, not expecting that she would have any sort of control over herself any time soon.

Her ankle twists and she hears a horrifying noise as it does, and her pained yell fills the auditorium.

After a moment, the music stops and the audience is on their feet to see if their beloved ballerina is okay.

Mari is looking towards Jimin, wondering what happened.

Jimin is looking towards Mari, fear and anger radiating from his core as he wheels forward straight onto the stage.

"What are you doing?!" Mari whispers to him, eyes wide in fear as she wonders if he will punish her right her in front of everyone.

"Can you stand?" He asks, holding out his hand and she groans in pain as she tries to move her ankle.

"There's no way I can put weight on this foot, Jimin," Mari says, hesitation clear in her voice. "I think it's broken."

"Come here," Jimin says softly, reaching both his hands out to her.

She knows she can't refuse, not when there are thousands of people watching their every move.

She puts her hands in his, and he helps her up before pulling her to sit on his lap.

Mari's eyes widen and Jimin spins his wheelchair around, effortlessly wheeling them both off stage.

"Damn it," Jimin says to himself as the paramedics backstage help Mari towards a chair. "My puppet is broken. My puppet is useless now."