14

"Mari," Jimin whispers in a worried tone as he wheels up next to Mari's bed.

He sees the dried blood all over her and the bed, and he winces to himself as he sets the first aid kit on the floor beside her, along with a tray of food and a glass of water.

"Mari, wake up please," he says, gently shaking her.

Mari slowly stirs, sitting up and crying out in pain, only it comes out as nothing more than a squeak because her voice is completely gone.

"Hi," he says, a soft look in his eyes. "I have the key to remove your chains so I can get you cleaned up."

Mari refuses to even look him in the eyes. She just holds her wrists out for him, and he unlocks the chain binding them together.

She winces as Jimin peels the chain away from her wrists. He wheels himself away and gestures to the small room placed next to Mari's bed.

"Go take a shower," he says. "I'll bandage your wrists for you when you get out. Please don't run, okay? I can't really chase you in this condition."

Mari looks up into Jimin's eyes, a hollow look in her own.

She's too tired to even try to escape, much less walk herself to the bathroom next to her.

"Can you walk?" He asks.

She tries to stand and immediately falls back down onto the bed, tearing up at the pain in her feet from last night.

"Here," Jimin says, offering her his hand and she stares at it without moving towards him.

"Mari, please," Jimin says. "Just take it slow. We need to get these bandaged so they don't get infected."

Mari smacks Jimin's hand away and he sighs, but doesn't do anything besides watch her warily as she slowly stands and limps her way to the bathroom and closes the door behind her.

After a moment, Jimin hears the water to the shower turn on and he sighs as he rubs his face with his hands.

"I'm so sorry," he whispers to himself. "I am so, so sorry. I don't know what is wrong with me."