365 days in a year, but it only took one to fall in love with you - Lee Felix

Felix x Non!Binary Reader

Let's take it one day at a time.
"You get one date, that's it." He huffed.
"You could be nicer. Yuna set me up with you, for you." I scoffed.
"I didn't ask her to." Felix said, looking away.
"Well she cares for you, so here we are." I said shrugging.
"One date then? That's all it'll take and I'm sure we'll be friends." I grinned.
He scoffed. "Doubt that."
"Don't be so cold~ I'm not as bad as you think." I said.
"You're probably worse." Felix said, before turning away from me.
"I have your number, I'll message you when and where."
With that he left me.
How romantic.
It all really was a fever dream. Yuna had set me up with the Felix, the schools most popular boy. Was super nice, but cold around girls. Apparently it was because he didn't want to hurt their feelings.
But I was going to break open his ice cold heart, if it was the last thing I would do.

I would do it in just one night.
When the night rolled around, I waited anxiously for them to knock on my door.
As I heard the doorbell ring, I stood up, opening the door, to see them, Y/N, all dressed up, hair done and make up on.
Why did they have to dress up? They were fine as they were.
"Ready to go Lix?" They asked, grinning.
"Of course I am." I scoffed. "You've kept me waiting."

____y/n
"Oh I'm sorry your highness, but traffic is horrible!" I scoffed.
Felix just rolled his eyes.
"Let's go then! I made a reservation and we are already going to be late."
So with that he drove me to a beautiful restaurant, the walls and tables coated in red and gold, with beige candles in the centre of every table.
He handed me the menu first, glancing out to the walls, avoiding making eye contact.
"So, tell me about yourself. I want to know the real you, not just what the schools rumoured about." I asked, leaning forward.
He looked to me.
___my heart was fluttering. Could you tell Y/N? Your smile, your personality, just you.
Maybe I was falling for you.
Maybe I had just fallen for you ages ago without knowing.

"Ah, well.."
You told me everything about yourself that night, Felix.
You kept pausing, complaining that you were 'rambling.'
But I found it adorable. You seemed to open up, like a blossoming flower in spring, as you talked about everything.
From just small details like how you got a certain scar, to where you want to live and how you want your future to go.
Of course I told you all my responses to my own questions, but you fascinated me way more.

Stop making me fall for you, Y/N. It's going to hurt.
I've only ever hurt people, that's why I hide myself away.

As we left the restaurant that night, we were holding hands.
"You know Y/N, I think you may have been right." Felix confessed awkwardly, as we strolled through the park.
I hummed. "With what?"
"I think- this is going to sound so stupid. I'll tell you on our second date." He grinned.
"What happened to 'you get only one date'?" I asked, half smirking.

He smacked my arm gently.
"You're less annoying that I thought you would. Most girls want me because I'm a 'pretty face' or because I'm popular." He explained solemnly.
"Well." I started, turning to face him.
"I don't think I would've asked you out, if Yuna didn't arrange it for us, because of those things. Pretty people are terrifying, and so are popular kids. I always feel judged by people, especially people of your ranking." I shrugged.
"I don't know what you're scared of. My group is super nice." Felix smiled.

You have such a beautiful smile, Felix. I knew my dumb ass would fall for you. It's going to all end badly.

As we reached the end of the path that ran through the park, he sighed.
Glancing at his watch, he looked back to me.
"It's late. Let's hang out at school next week, yeah?' He asked, grinning.
"Of course." I smiled, as he drove me home.
That was the first of a year long of bliss.
We were just friends, he claimed, and yes that tore my heart into pieces, but I didn't expect much.

It could've been worse. Most people Yuna 'matched' me with either ditch me after one date, or string me along for awhile to make them feel better, and then dump me for the next girl who walks through the door.
Our one year anniversary was coming up.
Of being friends.
I know, how sad.
It was still something to celebrate, so I got dressed up again, happily wanting to repeat that night.
So we did, minus the spew of new information about our pasts, and instead spoke about old memories together.
As we reached the end of the path again, Felix turned to me, looking out to the bustling road, before taking a deep breath, grabbing my hand gently.
"Y/N, you see, when we first met, I was, skeptical to say the least. But you thawed my frozen heart. Cringey, I know. But I wanted to say over these past 365 days, it's only taken one day for me to fall in for you. That was our first day. I love you, Y/N." He said, smiling to me.
I could see his smile falter, as I stood there in silence.
The reality was due to the heavy beating in my heart, as it felt it was about to explode.

He had confessed. I love him too. But why won't the words come out of my mouth.
"I- Felix.." I started, before glancing behind him at the sudden bright lights.
H e turned, eyes widening in fear as the car drove hastily forward.
I grabbed his wrist, pulling him behind me, bracing for impact as I hugged him close.
Then there was the bang, as we were pushed to the ground, an aching pile of limbs, ears ringing.
"I fell in love with you too, Felix.." I whispered, one of my hands in his, the other behind his head.
"Should've said that like two seconds earlier he chuckled, as I felt his head go heavy.
He was still breathing.
What a relief.
I looked down, to see m y leg fully crushed below the cars front, glass splintering up my other.
Felix was in a similar condition, except only with the glass.
At that moment, I realised I couldn't feel my legs, as I was battling for consciousness.
"Make sure you wake up Lix.." I whispered, as my eyelids closed, and I fell into a deathly silent darkness.

When Felix came to, he was in a hospital gown, his body covered in bandages.
His friends surrounded him, and as they noticed him stirring, they started yelling happily.
"Where's Y/N?" Was all he asked, glancing around.
"Felix, they're still comatose. They lost a lot of blood, and hit their head pretty badly. They covered yours, so we're lucky to have you with us." Bang Chan explained.
Felix swung himself over the edge of the bed, despite the stinging in his body.
"Take me to see them."
After seeing you, he wished he didn't.
You were deathly pale, head and body bandaged.
Yuna was the only one sitting with you, and that made his heart ache.
Why didn't you have more people who cared for you?
You were the best person to exist, in his eyes, so it didn't make any sense.
Time passed, and Felix left the hospital and recovered, before you had batted an eyelid.
He fined the driver heavily, making sure he was jailed.
Yuna kept suggesting he date again, but every-time the topic was brought up, he ignored her.

He had waited a year to confess to you, and he would wait again.
So he did.
One month, two months, and then three.
He started to lose hope, until one day, when he lay beside you, your eyelids fluttered.
"Felix?" You whispered, trying to move yourself to get closer to him.
Your legs weren't working.
He stood up, moving closer to you so you didn't have to move.
There were tears in his eyes.
"You're awake, thank god." He whispered, grinning happily, as he hugged you.
You hugged him back gratefully, but you were tired.
"Felix, love, I'm really tired." You said quietly, pushing yourself back into the bed.
"Of course baby, just rest. He whispered, rubbing your hand gently.
"I love you so much.. thank you for falling me, on that one day of the year. That was my favourite day. Followed by the day you confessed." You whispered, smiling happily as a tear fell down your cheek.

"Every day with you in it was my favourite." Felix responded back, choking back sobs, as he watched you close your eyes.
As your heart monitor beeped lowly, he knew that would be the last time you opened your eyes.
That would be the last time he would ever see you smile.
"I can't believe in that year we had known each other, I fell for you on the first day. Thank you, Y/N, for saving me." He said, kissing your cold hand, as the warmth was stolen from it.
"Thank you for letting me love you."