When he objects your wedding; him as the servant - H. Hyunjin

- and you as the princess

(Title was too long)

A/N One shot. Hyunjin x Reader. Made for Instagram.

It was the big day. Your wedding day - which was big for not only you, but your kingdom.
You were marrying Lee Minho, Prince and heir to the throne of the Lee Kingdom, second biggest in Korea to your own. It would merge both your family and his, allowing the both of you to gain a tremendous amount of land.

But of course, this marriage was arranged. You didn't hate Minho, he was sweet and kind, but you would have rather married someone else, and someone you loved, instead of someone you were hence betrothed to as a war strategy.

The maids were helping you with your dress, pulling the corset tight as you sucked in a shaky breath.

A rapid knocking sound from the door, as a maid let the other in.

"Are you nervous?" Your personal servant asked. Hwang Hyunjin. Born into and living to serve your family.
You and him were best of friends - he was all you had most days.

"I just don't know if I want to do this. But everyone wants me to, and as the only child I kind of have to." I said, smiling gently at him as the maids continued to help me put my dress on.

"Mx Y/N, no one is forcing you to do anything. They won't be upset if you back out, I'm sure." He said, holding my shoulder to comfort me.
"You look beautiful." He added.

"Thank you. Will you be there? I did get you an invite, yeah?" I asked, as he shook his head.

"It wouldn't be appropriate for a servant like me to attend a formal event, Mx Y/N. I'm sure you can understand. I'll be off now, I have things to do." He said, giving me a smile of reassurance before leaving me alone with my thoughts, as the white dress was pulled tightly around my shoulders.

Then the hours passed, and I was walking down the aisle, bouquet in hand, my fathers arm in mine.
I was terrified. Why was I?

Minho was smiling at me, and as I stood in front of him, he couldn't stop smiling.
"You look gorgeous Y/N. I'm the luckiest man alive." He said, pulling the veil back from my face.

"You look amazing too." I said, smiling back, glancing at the officiant, as he began his speech.
My eyes kept darting around the crowd, hoping Hyunjin would appear.

"Why can't I just marry you? Honestly, you're as much of a Prince as anyone else." I frowned, still a child then as me and Hyunjin sat on the swings in my backyard.

"My mama says it's because the kingdom won't gain anything from it. If I had land it would be different." Hyunjin frowned.

"Well then, don't ever let me marry another man until you've got yourself that land, okay?" I said, holding his hand.

Hyunjin just grinned, eyes creasing. "Yeah, okay."

"Speak now or forever hold your peace." The officiant said, looking around the crowd.
It was silent, and as he went to continue speaking, the back doors flung open.
Everyone's eyes darted back, as mine just opened in surprise.

There he was, Hwang Hyunjin, dressed in a suit, but nevertheless his hair was dishevelled and he was drenched - it was raining slightly outside, so he must have been out there awhile.

"I object. Y/N, you can't marry him. I love you. So, you can't." He said, exasperated between his heavy breaths.

"I'm sorry, have we met?" Minho asked, grabbing my hand in his.
"I'm their servant, if you must know. And I object to this wedding. Look, I know I have nothing, and I mean nothing, but Y/N, you mean the world to me, and it's killing me to see you with him. I wanted to come and let you know that I'm resigning after today. I love you. If you don't feel the same, that's okay. I didn't expect you to."

This time, everyone's eyes darted to me.
I had been silent the whole time, silently crying.

"Hyunjin... you can't leave me. But I can't love you." I whispered, loud in the quiet halls of the church.
Minho just looked softly at me, letting go of my hand.

"Y/N... if I had known you were unhappy, I wouldn't have consented to this marriage. It's okay, I'm sure our kingdoms can connect another way." He said, smiling lightly, forcing me to look his way as he gently grabbed my chin.

"Thank you." I replied back, running down the aisle to hug Hyunjin.

He placed a kiss on my lips, as I heard my father clear his throat behind me.
"Y/N, you should have told me. I thought you and Minho were in love?"

"I just wanted to make you happy. I'm sorry." I said, as my father nodded slightly.
"Your highness, do I have your consent to marry them?" Hyunjin asked, as he just nodded, pulling the both of us into a hug.

"Of course. As long as Y/N is happy, I don't care who they marry."

"Well then. Y/N, will you marry me?"

"Yes, of course." I replied, crying this time as I planted my lips on his, kissing him deeply.