Kitten - Minho x reader

"I want this one!" I asked, turning to face my boyfriend.
He raised an eyebrow at me.
"Y/N, you literally already have a cat." Minho said.
"Yeah, yeah, but he always disappears! You never get to play with him, either." I pouted.
"I don't mind, really. But no, you're not getting another cat. Why are we even here?" He asked, pulling me away from the kitten, who had been running in circles.
"We were buying more food for the stray." I said, scoffing as I turned away from him.
He just frowned.
"Oh come on, it's a stray now?"
"Yes, it is. Put this on yourself."
"Now that's just harsh. What did it ever do to you?"
"It's hiding from you and running away before you come home, that's what."

__________________

As we arrived home, Minho left, as he had a business meeting that night.
So I sat on the couch, waiting.
The cat would come every night, after Minho would leave.
Well it was closer to a kitten, orange fur with umber patches along its back.
It had hazel eyes, almost closer to green than brown, and always stayed by my side.
That's why I had practically adopted it.
Then I heard a flop from the cat flap, and a purr as the cat ran inside, meowing.
He rubbed against my legs, purring, before he waited for me to bend down, to scratch his chin.
"Hello kitten.." I smiled, picking him up as I wandered over to the couch.
"You know I want you to stay around tonight. If you don't I'm going to adopt my own cat. My boyfriend needs to meet you." I grumbled, running my hand through his fur.
He hissed at me in response, side eyeing me.
"I'm sorry, I want a cat that can stay around, okay?"
He jumped down, running into the kitchen as I shook my head.
After I had fed him, I brought him to the couch with me, hugging him to my chest as I played mine and Minho's favourite show.
"I'm watching ahead of him. He's always busy." I whispered.
I felt myself almost drift to sleep, kitten asleep in my arms.
Eventually, I fell asleep, and into dreamland.

_____

The cat started squirming, as he watched the time tick by.
'Minho' would be home any minute, and he knew you had an alarm to wake yourself up.
He manoeuvred his way out of your arms and ran to the bathroom, but as he was running, he felt his limbs stretch out, and his hair shed off.
He ran straight into the wall, cursing loudly as he stood up, looking down.
He was naked.
With a slight hiss between his teeth he ran into the bathroom, praying that you had stayed asleep.
But he heard you walk down the hall.
"Kitten?" You said.
Minho cursed as he opened the bathroom door slightly to look at you.
"Babe it's just me. I saw the cat. He ran off. I think he's scared of me. Can you go get me my clothes? I forgot them before I went to have my shower." Minho laughed dryly.
"Okay babe!" You smiled, running off as Minho sighed.
That was close.
When you can back, you passed him his clothes through the door, before he went to shower.

He came out later, as you shuffled into bed, him tucking himself in with you.
"I love you Minho." You smiled, pushing his hair from his face.
He winced... then regretted it.
"What's wrong? Minho you're hurt. Come on." You said, dragging him out of bed.
He let you wrap him up, placing a bandaid on the cut across his forehead.
"I honestly can't remember what I did. But I'm fine, don't worry." Minho smiled.
"I am worried. I love you, so of course I am. Now let's go sleep you dork." You grinned, as the both of you finally went off to bed.

The next day was the same as usual.
Me and Minho would spend time together during the day, and then at night he would go off to work.
As I was waiting eagerly, I heard the same rhythmic flop as Kitten came in.
I ran to the cat flap, grabbing him in my arms.
That's when I noticed the bandaid on the cats head.
It was the same one I had placed on Minho. In relatively the same spot, if we were comparing a human to a cat.
"What happened to your head baby?" I whispered, kissing the cat gently.

I started to hear noises that night. Taps on the windows, and bangs on the door.
I was scared. Minho wasn't picking up, and I was terrified.
"Minho please answer me! I'm scared. Please come home." I whispered through the end of the line, holding onto Kitten for dear life.
As it came to midnight, he began to squirm, trying recklessly to escape my arms.
But I was holding onto him for dear life.
That's when I felt as he began to get heavy, and his fur began to drop out.

I screamed, as Kitten turned into a person, throwing him off of me.
As Kitten turned into my boyfriend, Lee Minho.
"What the fuck?" I said, hiding in the corner of our bedroom.
He grabbed the robe, wrapping it around himself quickly.
"Y/N please let me explain-" He started, walking slowly towards me.
"Is this why you didn't let me buy a cat?" I blurted out.
He just stopped in his tracks.
"You're not concerned about the fact I'm a cat, but that I stopped you from getting a pet cat because I am one?"
"Yes. Maybe. I don't know. I'm scared and confused."
"I can see that." Minho sighed. "I was going to tell you, I was. This started happening to me a few years ago. Every night from nine to twelve I change. I can't control it, you see. I wish I could."

"That makes sense... I think." I said, looking up at him.
"So you're my kitten?" I asked.
"Technically yes?" He answered, kneeling in front of me.
"Well, kitten." I smiled. "That's fine by me."
"You're not scared or anything? What if this is like Princess and the frog and you turn into a cat too?"
"I love cats. Why would I be scared?" I grinned.
"I love you so much Y/N." He smiled, hugging me tightly.
"I love you too, Minho. My kitten." I chuckled.
"Be careful how you say that baby. It's hot." He said, kissing me gently.
"Yeah, yeah babe." I said, kissing him harder, until we were just a pile of limbs tangled together on the floor.
"I love you kitten."
"I love you too babe."