《Ch 4 The Masquerade》

Note:- Just that you guys won't get confused I want to remind you that Adhiraj's eyes are of sea blue colour but when he becomes Allerick Russo to hide his true identity he wears black contact lenses. So, his real eye colour is sea blue. Understood?

Now, even though many of you had already predicted the twist of Adhiraj being the Mafia King but still you liked the twist didn't you? Come on be honest 😏😉

▪︎|Anvika|▪︎

▪︎|Anvika|▪︎

My eyes wandered around the condo I was apparently staying in. It's a three bedroom, hall and modular kitchen apartment with sea facing view. Thanks to Ms.Jefferson she arranged it for me just the way I wanted, serene and comfortable. The thought of moving back to my previous home did crossed my mind but the memories  swarmed back at the speed of lightning, it's so overwhelming to remember every single thing so vividly.

It's feels so wrong to head back there without Champion and Clarissa. Her dashing towards me with arms wide open with her tiny feet whenever I returned from work, her enthusiasm made all my tiredness flew away. Our picnics, trips to amusement park, Clarissa's chiding to finish out food properly, late night ice cream at Point Hill, bed time stories, Disney movie marathon had been bawling my eyes out.

The gentle breeze from the window caressed me as if sympathizing with my miserable condition. Shuffling through my bag I glanced at my IPhone which I had switched off before leaving London. Sucking in a deep breathe, I switched it on. I witnessed the screen growing effulgent as the apple symbol made its way, it showed the time and date. I unlocked it and within seconds it was flooded with notifications.

There were emails, promotional messages, news feeds and...voice notes from them.

Biting my lower lip, I contemplated whether to listen or not but finally the bigger part won which desperately wanted to hear their voices.