《Ch 21 Infinite ways》

▪︎|Author|▪︎

▪︎|Author|▪︎

Her footfalls sounded more anxious as she increased the pace. Beads of sweat slid of her forehead trickling down to her throat and then disappeared inside her blouse. Her brown orbs which were twinkling with sheer happiness turned red and sheen layer of tears covered them.

He is Adhiraj Agnihotri, a great friend of mine and batchmate at Cambridge University.

Virat's cheerful words at the party  felt like splash of cold water right at her face. The pride and elation she witnessed in Ranawats eyes when they saw Adhiraj clearly described how important and closely related he was to them.

▪︎~|FLASHBACK|~▪︎

Back at the Royal Hall...

The Ranawats were elated to Adhiraj would be an understatement. He was warmly embraced by Maharaj Sangram Singh Ranawat and his queen Ramya Devi.

"It's so good to see you. Glad you came son!" Ramya Devi caressed his head with a full blown grin adorning her face.

"I had too, he is my bestfriend moreover i am here to get something." He spoke with such passionate eyes that had everyone curious.

"What is it?" Sangram Singh questioned with undying inquisitiveness and dilated pupils.

Noticing their lingering gazes he gave a charming smile which could make any girl weak in her knees and spoke while dangling his hands around Virat," You all have it."

"What?  Come on! Seriously, no riddles please." Sumedha literally stomped her foot on the floor.

"Why? Is it because you are dumb?" Rishabh spoke with a smirk.

"Of course, I sound dumb. Otherwise how else would you understand me?" Her reply left him baffled as she flipped her hair back, the smirk no longer present on his face rather adorning hers.

"Who do you think you are?" He spewed out glaring at her.

"And what have you done that makes you an Einstein?" She spat back challenging him to speak further, he was about to bite back at her when Sangram Singh interrupted.

"Ok enough! Tone it down both of you." Looking away from each other they just muttered string of profanities under their breath audible only to themselves.