《Ch 16 A week 》

•|Author|•

•|Author|•

Settling herself on the couch of her cabin she sighed in relief after recent congratulatory messages and gifts from the employees Anvika sighed in satisfaction. She couldn't believe that at such a young age she was able to reach over this milestone.

Her eyes wandered around her cabin only to grin at the presents and flower bouquets sent to her by her colleagues, close friends and relatives as well.

"How come everyone knew it and I was the only one who was unaware? Stupid me!" She chided herself and then laughed.

Suddenly she remembered a certain someone smiling at her in the crowd.

"Adhiraj." She whispered to herself. She couldn't meet him because of the employees surrounding her and Dia.

Sadness seeped through her as she badly wanted to get congratulated by him. She wanted to witness the pride in his sea blue eyes and the love he would shower on her while appreciating her for her success.

At this moment Anvika wanted nothing but to get embraced by him in a warm hug in his arms which seems to be her safe place as well. A droplet fell on the back of her hand and her trance broke. She was crying while thinking about him and didn't even notice it.

Wiping her tears she tried to smile and make herself understand that what she wanted was not possible but what hurt the most was that she herself was the reason.

"Only if I could tell you." She spoke to herself before pulling away the tissues from the box kept on the glass table and wiping her face clean. She took a deep breathe and walked upto the stand where a jar with water and two empty glasses were kept.

Pouring herself a glass of water she drank it in a go. Her phone chimed with notification keeping the glass back with a light thud she picked it up as the screen grew effulgent her heart picked up pace thudding in her chest and butterflies in her stomach.

It was a photo of her and Adhiraj together gazing at each other with love sent by the latter with a text.

Look through your window pane.