《Ch 28 Crush From The Past》

•|Anvika|•

•|Anvika|•

He was here.

Harshvardhan Rajawat was here!

Of course he will be attending the wedding after all he is the maternal uncle of Virat and Sumedha. Maharani Ramya Devi's one and only brother.

If not for the reluctance of the Rajawats ten years ago regarding Tara Aunty's career their alliance would have been a successful one which binded the Rathore's and Rajawats along with the Ranawats. A powerful union of the three most prominent Royal families of Rajasthan.

I noticed him closely and though it has been ten years, his looks have turned sharper, he wasn't that charming prince anymore but a king not entitled but was someone who earned it. His aura had turned intimidating and screamed authority. Tall, dusky complexion, with black eyes and jet black hair slicked back, dressed in formal attire though in his late forties I am sure he still is popular in the royal circle.

"You have certainly grown up into a beautiful young lady." I didn't even get to know when he came closer and kept his palm on my head.

That smile. That warm smile!

It made my lips curve into a smile itself.

He still had that quality of making one feel at home. During my teen years over here, he was one of those people who made me feel that I belonged here. A commoner among these people with blue blood.

We were quite close, as he and Tara aunty were deeply in love but things took a drastic turn and they parted ways. It was quite depressing for all of us.

My smile fell and he noticed that but didn't retreat his hand rather his deep voice filled my ears,"I know you are upset with me but I am here to make amends and....I will have her." He completed the last line with determination shining in his charcoal black orbs.

"You think so!" Rishabh scoffed at him who only smiled in return.

"Rishabh! I presumed you still would have been that arrogant prince but guess what I can sense quite a lot changes in you." Harshvardhan uncle grinned at him.

I tugged Rishabh's sleeve not liking his behaviour towards him but he paid no heed.

"You left her! And there's no way I will let her go through all that pain." With that he stormed off leaving us in defeaning silence.

"Un-uncle, he-

"It's alright Anvi, don't apologise. His anger towards me is justified." He said with a sad smile. I was about to deny when he spoke out of the blue.

"Shall we go for a walk?" He suggested with hopeful eyes and I grinned in response.

Morning walks and conversations has always been our thing whenever we met. I used to be at Rathore Palace during my vacations or on other occasions. I used to think that I shouldn't come at their home often and denied at times but more than Arundhati, Rani Maa used to get offended.