22 - Flower Ex-Husbands

"Jimmy?" Joel said. "Why are you back? Not everyone can get a one way trip out of here?"

"It was never a one way trip?" Jimmy pointed out. "It was just a break, from trauma and... You know..." Joel gritted his teeth, his hand clenched into small balls.

"No, I don't think you understand, I don't know who-.... What you are talking about..." Jimmy pursed his lips, he nodded gently.

"Okay," he said. "point taken..."

"So why are you back?" Joel asked. "Did you ever consider being better off in another world?" Jimmy smiled.

"Oh I considered it," Jimmy laughed. "I just have previous arrangements here..." Jimmy looked past Joel, where Scott ruffled through his bag.

Scott wasn't looking for anything particular, just looking for an excuse to leave. He didn't want to talk to Jimmy, not now, not ever. After killing his sister, Scott just didn't want that kind of drama.

"Oh please..." Joel groaned, loud enough for Scott to hear. "You can't still be wrung up on that?" Scott winced, he shook his head. "That was almost a year ago, there's plenty of fish in the sea, and I'm not just saying that because of your brand."

"Well," Scott sprung up, he twisted around. "I'd best be off, got to go and see my-" Seeing Jimmy properly, his icy stature melted, he covered his face in the crook of his elbow, he hardly wanted to be seen flushed. Then he recomposed him self, he flattened his shirt, tucking it into his trousers.

"Go and see your?..." Jimmy spoke, a smile tugging on the corner of his mouth. Ugh his smile, Scott shuddered as a molten warmth flooded through his blood.

"Go and see my... grandma..." He slurred, his eyes fixed on Jimmy's. Jimmy snorted.

"Ugh, get a room..." Joel walked off, he disappeared into the jungle. Scott would go after him... later.

The duo hung in silence, Jimmy tucked his trident into the sheath slung across his shoulders.

"I don't suppose you have somewhere to stay?" Scott prompted. Jimmy opened his mouth to speak, but then remembered.

"I guess you're right..." Scott began his walk back to Xornoth, he held his hand behind his back.

Jimmy came in with one of his hands, he stuffed his hand into Scott's. Scott flinched, he leapt forward, startling Jimmy.

"Nope!" Scott yelped. "Nope, Nope, Nope!"

"What?" Jimmy asked. "What's wrong?"

"That?!" Scott wiped his hand on his robes. "We aren't- ugh...."

"I just thought-"

"No!" Scott grimaced. "God no!" Jimmy smiled, it was a forced grin, Scott could tell.

They continued through the jungle in quiet, only when they left the thickets did Jimmy say:

"Listen, I can't keep doing this..." Jimmy stopped, his head hung low.

Scott turned around, he was a longs way down the path from Jimmy.

"Do what?" Scott slowly walked over to him.

"This!" Jimmy stared Scott maniacally, his eyes were bloodshot, his tears were faint... But there. "I can't keep strung up on some fantasy from a year ago!" His tone was accusatory.

Scott twitched. "Strung up?!" Scott snapped. "Don't talk to me like I forced you to..." Scott paused. "Love me!" Jimmy gaped.

"So now you're assuming things..." Jimmy stammered, his breathing staggered, his face was hot pink. "I just don't get how you could move on so quickly, it happened, and I don't think we should disregard it."