27 - Finale Part 2

Jimmy and Joel stood their wearily as the rest joined them at spawn. Joel nestled his head on  Lizzies stone urn, Jimmy picked at the dirt under his finger. FWhip looked disdainfully at everyone.

"See you made it back..." FWhip snorted. 

"Yeah, with no help from you..." Pix said, FWhip held out his middle finger.

Everyone assembled at the alters, they flipped through the books sitting precariously on the lecterns. When it got to their names, they signed below. and soon as the last signature was drawn in the small boxes, the books closed as earthquakes streaked the furthest reaches off the world, the chunks disappeared into the void.

"Is this it?" FWhip called over the thunder, magic, and rain. "Have we finally-"

A black bolt struck the centre of spawn, each emperor was flung from their spaces.

"I DEMAND RETRIBUTION!" The dark ones voice screamed, they appeared in the dark clouds that rolled out from the cobble lining.

"Everyone back in their places!" Pix yelled. They scurried over, grabbing onto the pedestals and pulling themselves to their feet. They had to stay in place, if they left, the process would be reset and the world would fall to corruption.

Then the unimaginable happened.

Xornoth came running over the hill, in his hands a large claymore, the sword was inscribed with swirling blue sigil's that coiled around the blades steel. Xornoth was a human, his skin pink and rosy, his eyes the same colour as his hair - a deep maroon.

"What the hell?" Shrub gasped, she recoiled as if looking at a putrid beast. "How are you-"

"We don't have much time!" He yelled, as he came to spawn, another pedestal rose from the ground, a book appeared in the burst of a flame. He signed his name.

Everyone babbled and spoke to Xornoth, asking the same questions again and again. Except for the Mezalean king, who eyed the elf as if trying to figure out where he recognised him from.

Only then did sausage come creeping around the corner, he was pale, his face stricken with fear as he joined the circle. 

"Thanks for waiting?!" He retorted, scribbling down his name.

"You're welcome," Joel grinned sarcastically. Jimmy smiled.

The Dark one was out of sight, but given from the monochrome patch of land, they knew where he was.

"Can't this go any faster?" Pix tapped his finger on the stand. "We are about to run out of time!" Everyone glanced up to the sky hands from any other angle, they were already clapping, but from underneath, they were narrowly apart.

Then all noise stopped, the fighting and rampage of the dark one faded, and the dissipating of the world became but a low tone.

"What's happening?" Pearl asked, for herself than anyone else.

What was happening was a silence, another silence before the storm...

A copper mass grew from the earth, trees splintered in its wake as the mound coiled upwards like a molten beanstalk. The feet of the emperors surrounding the spawn where planted into the ground by copper that swallowed their ankles. In the centre, a figure rose, they were nearly the height of a tall jungle tree. Gem the copper Queen had risen.

"I wish you could know how it feels..." She smiled, her voice low and melodious. "To be like me..." Every stared in awe, even the dark lord paused to watch the sight.

"Why aren't we doing anything..." A dazed Pix droned, his query was met with confused grunts. 

Gem seemed beautiful, while everyone stared at her, The Dark lord sauntered around the circle. As he trod, not only did the world fall monochrome, but red strings latched on to the ocelots that dwelled in the thicket. Joel looked over, he noticed the strings pressing against one another, tension rose until it fell, sending the ocelots flailing. 

Then a horrible plan enter Joel's head.

"Hey Dark lord..." Joel called, the Dark lord grimaced. 

"Please, Joel of Mezalea, call me Aexor, (Ay-ck-sor, this is just for how it is said, not part of the book)..." His word slurred together at the name. 

"Well then, Aexor." The King opened his arms. "You can take us all." Everyone stared at Joel.

Then boom, strings wrapped around them all. Everyone yelled choked words at Joel, none of them sounded good.

"Well thank you," Aexor grinned, continuing his walk around the circle.

"And!" Joel started, Aexor smirked, he twisted his head around. "You can take Mezalea and the surrounding areas." Thousands of thin red strings latched a speck on the horizon. The strings squeezed against themselves, creating a symphony of wiry screams. 

Then everyone else latched on.

"Take Pixandria," "Take Mythland," "Take the cod-empire." As each gift left the mouths of the Emperors, more strings locked onto Aexor. Whose face began to turn scared.

"Stop!" They demanded, realising the flaw in their power. 

Joel swung his blade at the dark lord, as he fought to not cut the strings, he punched Joel in the chest. Jimmy placed down Lizzie's urn, he dragged Joel out of the way then thrust his trident into the dark lords chest. 

At this moment, Gem yelled a battle call, she lumbered her fist down, narrowly crushing Jimmy. His trident, which fell out of his hands after kick to the chin, was crushed, the riptide enchantment fizzling from the metal. Pix rummaged in his inventory, eventually finding a bucket of lava.

Pix splashed it over the floor, the lava melted Gems shell, the statue release a guttural scream. Shrub and Pearl lit arrows in the lava and sent them spinning up to Gem's chin.

"We need to find Gem!" Pix yelled, chiselling away at her with his pickaxe.

Everyone fought, but Xornoth just stood in shock, his whole body weakened.

Weakened... as a demon, he was powerful. What to do. He had the sword in his hands, the one that could allow the user to control their victims afterlife. But he still needed to handle the dark lord, if Xornoth could somehow reach Scott, they could stop Aexor... but how. 

Xornoth would need to make Scott feel something, something immense. Not pain, Aexor took the pain, Scott took something else...

There was only one way Xornoth could reach him, it was long shot, but it would need to work.

So he murdered Jimmy

Authors note

And now there are three parts.... Or maybe more
I poorly estimated how much story I would need to put in here....