26 - Finale Part 1

Everyone assembled at the alters, they flipped through the books sitting precariously on the lecterns. When it got to their names, they signed below. and soon as the last signature was drawn in the small boxes, the books closed as earthquakes streaked the furthest reaches off the world, the chunks disappeared into the void.

"Is this it?" FWhip called over the thunder, magic, and rain. "Have we finally-"

A black bolt struck the centre of spawn, each emperor was flung from their spaces.

"I DEMAND RETRIBUTION!" The dark ones voice screamed, they appeared in the dark clouds that rolled out from the cobble lining.

"Everyone back in their places!" Pix yelled. They scurried over, grabbing onto the pedestals and pulling themselves to their feet. They had to stay in place, if they left, the process would be reset and the world would fall to corruption. 

Then the unimaginable happened.

There is a saying, the silence before the storm. 

As rain poured all over empires, the emperors prepared to meet at spawn. Joel and Jimmy brought with them an urn made from one of Lizzie's sea rocks, FWhip brought the majority of the empires members, Gem and Joey were no where to be seen.

For now we discuss Jimmy and Joel.

"Thanks for doing that..." Joel smiled, riding on the horse with Jimmy dangling his legs off the back. "I just wanna take her out of here." Jimmy nodded.

"It's fine," Jimmy grinned. He thought he would be disturbed, but he felt eased being able to bring her with them. "All in a day's work..." Joel retorted with a sly snort.

They rode on, riding past the Cod Empire. The buildings grew flowers, beautiful blue orchids that coiled around the wood structures. Thorns rose from the the prickled berry bushes growing in the mud. The Joel statues concrete face watched the travellers as they galloped by.

"Sorry about that..." Joel said, Jimmy shrugged.

"S'fine...." Jimmy mumble, playing with the horses tail.

They continued on, passing into the jungle to see they were the first ones at spawn.

"So I guess we're the first ones here." Jimmy grinned. Their were pedestals positioned around the cobble circle. On the pedestals, leather books sat open with small boxes etched in ink on the yellow stained paper. Names lurked at the feet of the pedestals, they were embossed in golden ink.

Jimmy and Joel walked around to their pedestals, Joel cradling the urn. They waited there for minutes, until Jimmy walked around to sign under Lizzie's name.

The moon gently tip toed towards the centre of the sky, the stars twinkled like sea pickles drifting in coral seas. The trees swayed, the gentle sound of ocelots teetering through the undergrowth.

For now, there story remains dormant, but across from the jungle, in the darkest cave, a copper Golem mines any ore they could get.

"What a vein..." Gem cackled, mining the ore as it sunk into her figure, adding extra mass to her. "that's at least 27, with fortune..." She laughed.

"This isn't good." Joey said, his arms folded as he sat on a chunk of deepslate. "We have to get back to spawn..."

"Oh please, they'll be fine without us."

"Eh?" Joey grunted, leaning against a hallow cobble.

"Oh there's a cave through there..." Gem smirked, knocking gently on the wall. "I'm busting it open..." She rammed into the cobble, it cascaded down like a waterfall, collecting in large mounds.

Joey looked out, there was a large swell of darkness, the sound of dripping echo through the hall. When Joey called out, he was given a sense of scale. It echoed off the wall 17 times, this cave was the motherload.

Joey shot a flame arrow, it soared through the sky, illuminating the copper walls chiselled into the deepslate. Stalactites fell and stalagmites toppled, the ground shook as a stream of lave flooded from where the arrow hit.

"This has to be enough copper to-" Gem was gone, she was running in the dark, her voice growing louder with every thud and crash on the stone. She broke copper, absorbing it into her larger figure.

For now, we leave them at rest, meanwhile in the Jungle, just by the border, FWhip churtled over the bend on a bulky carriage. Pix, Pearl, and Shrub lazed in the back, each of them in sorrowful silence.

"I can't believe this..." Shrub droned, dangling her head over the edge. "After all that work? Just to reset the world?"

Pix sighed. "What choice do we have?" Shrub sunk lower. "The literal devil is wandering the world."

"Guys, can we just stopped complaining," FWhip rolled his eyes. "For like, one second?" Silence, 1....

"And now we can't even stay regardless, sky hands are destroying the world." Pearl mumbled.

FWhip rattled the cart to a stop, he hopped off the edge and dove into the thicket of the Jungle.

Shrub, Pix and Pearl took no notice, they lay sunken on the wood. Until FWhip called back, "Make your own way back to spawn, I'm done."

By the time they got up, FWhip was long gone.

Excuse the bittiness of this chapter, but we leave them for now, I wish to tell you how this climax happened in order, like I have for this entire book. It would seem only necessary, If a characters story take a drop, I zoom of elsewhere. Anyways, now we focused on the furthest part deep in the jungle from any road.

Much alike their godly counterparts, Xornoth and Scott remain caught in an eternal battle, The jungle laying to waste in their wake.

"You ruined everything!" Scott hissed, clawing at Xornoths leg as he was held down by Xornoth.

Xornoth said nothing, he focused on the fight, he was in pain, his whole body felt like a box of amethysts being chucked around. His rage gathered in his balloon body.

Xornoth sprung up, a black tendril released from his chest, piercing Scott in the chest. He released an anguished grunt.

But Xornoth didn't feel right, he felt himself dying, at least part of him was, his feet rose up, the black mask dissipating to show a pair of leather boots. A pair of baggy tweed trousers grew from above, Xornoth felt every shred of power leaving his body. He felt... Normal.

Then he looked over at Scott, his body disappeared in a solid black chrysalis. Inside, the elf screamed, his eyes widened as he banged on the fleshy surface.

"HELP!" He screeched, his lungs going course. But the orb mistified, and silence befell the egg.

Then it cracked, and outburst someone, someone who wasn't Scott. In the dark pupils of the being, a small figure of Scott cried in his eye prison. The being was tall, two sets of antlers protruding from its skull. Their eyes were two different colours. A black corrosion knawed at its feet.

"Xornoth..." It spoke, clawing its way up. "You failed ...."

"Wuh...." Xornoth stuttered, dragging his hand through his mop of maroon hair. "What the hell did you do to me?"

In the eyes, Scotts pleading face whailed, he lip read "WHAT DID YOU DO?"

Xornoth tried to run, but his legs brought him nowhere. The amalgamation of power sauntered away, their figure dragging in all colour to cleanse the world in a noir sheet. An ocelot got caught in its wake and its colour was stripped and it became dormant.

"What are you doing?" Xornoth called.

"Cleansing the world," the amalgamation cackled. "Starting with the people." They paused. "And by the looks of things, they'll gather at spawn."

Xornoth tried to run, but he still couldn't, so he just watched as the Amalgamation walked slowly the focal point of the soon to clap skyhands...