28 - Finale Part 3

Scott knelt before his captors, two large stags stood like statues, in their eyes he saw the outside world... and so much pain.

With every drop of pressure trickled into his brain, he felt a surge of something building like at the flood-gates. He saw his brother, disinfected, he was scared, Scott wanted to yell, he wanted to scream that he was sorry.

"But are you?" From behind him, in chains, a hallow version of himself with blacked out eyes that cried white goo spoke. "Do you know what you did?" Scott stared down at his boots, the glistening diamond ones. A sheet of frost lurked under the mist of purple enchantment.

"I need to get back out there..." Scott came down to meet with his imprisoned self. 

"I tried..." Chain Scott sobbed, his tears disappeared on the ground. Like being hit by lightning, Scott knew who this version of himself was.

"Aliner?" He gaped. Aliner stared at Scott, his pupils appeared in his soulless eyes.

Aliner sighed. "When I found the tomb, I knew it wouldn't good. I heard the same voice Cohnal did, but I was stronger." 

"I know the story," Scott said. "You later went on to banish him with the power Aeor bestowed upon you." Aliner nodded. "My friend Shrub came from the dimension you banished him to."

"Lies," Aliner spat. "I didn't call out to Aeor for the power, he came to me. He infected me like a parasite, letting himself into me." Scott smiled. "Hilarious, anyhow," Aliner moved on. "After I banished Cohnal, he wiped the minds of everyone, except me." A large rumbling crackled the void. "I went insane, traumatized by the memory of a war no one else remembered. Aeor came to me, he told me I had to composed myself. When I said I couldn't, he took complete control, he wrote the book, he travelled the world as me, and then when I died, he came for you." Scott shook his head. 

"No,"

"Just think," He uttered. "When did Aeor and Exor take control of you?"

"When we were-"

"Out of control?" Scott's face went sickly green, Aliner broke out into hysterical cackling. "I bet you wanna do something, I bet you wanna take revenge, take back your body but-" 

Then Scott saw something, his brother, standing in front of a lifeless corpse, the magic sword piercing it's chest.

"But all you can do is watch..." Aliners eye twitched as he stared at the crime.

Scott frowned at the sight, then he felt sick. It was Jimmy, he recognised the torn jeans and lime shirt. He should be mad... but he wasn't, he felt a sickness in his chest, it swirled up his gullet, filling every crevice in his body. Scott realised he was screaming, a loud, high pitched wail erupted from his throat, sending ripples down his spine.

"XORNOTH" Scott screeched.

"Geez, keep it down..." Aliner groaned. 

"XORNOTH I'M COMING FOR YOU!"

"Well good luck getting out cause-" Scott darted his head back, his eyes were glowing blue, the chains around Aliners arms relinquished themselves, they melted into the abyss. He stood up, his back twisting and cracking as he keeled over. 

Aliner ran over.

"Hold on a sec!" Scott sprung into the air, his jump propelled him over the Aeor statue. He landed on them, his pure fury and rage shattering the stone like glass. The debris went flying, knocking the Exor statue over.

Scott was in the rubble, his body aching, he was covered in cuts and bruises. Aliner stager over.

"What in the name of the deepest reaches of Hell was that?" Aliner yelled. Before Scott could reply, ice flurried from the soles of his shoes, it spread across the earth like slime on a piston. Aliner tried to speak, but a shocked choke slid out of his mouth.