Chapter 2- Dreaded News

(So, Xiao has decided to keep an eye on this exotic girl. Oh, and enjoy this song, it fits this chapter :P)

Lumine POV

She was slightly annoyed. Annoyed that the Yaksha hadn't even given her a chance to speak. She almost wanted to stomp her foot on the ground, much like Paimon had on the air. Thank the Archons she was grown enough and had the good sense to not do so. And anyways, she had a feeling, an intuition, that there was much, much more to this reclusive man than met the eye. And her intuitions usually proved to be frighteningly correct.

(Timeskip to their next meeting since i am lazy lol)

Lumine walked with Paimon to the roof again, this time holding two dishes in her outstretched hands. "He had better not disappear again, after all we went through, or Paimon wont hesitate to give him a reallyyy ugly nickname, even worse than Venti's!" Paimon angrily voiced exactly what Lumi was thinking. It had taken her a hell of a time to get rid of that ruin hunter, especially as it was her first time encountering an automaton like that. But, she had to admit, the idea of a nickname worse than Tone-Deaf Bard made her stifle a chuckle. "Yeah, like he will listen to a piece of Emergency Food." "FOR THE LAST TIME, PAIMON IS NOT EMERGENCY FOOD!!" Paimon yelled furiously, poking her small, harmless fist at Lumine, which made her snigger. "Come on now."

And so they walked to meet the adeptus again.

Xiao POV

Aand there she was again. The mysterious mortal and her annoying floating companion. Presumably coming to meet him. He had planned to teleport to somewhere more secluded, but that was before his eyes fell on what she was holding: A plate of delicious- looking Almond Tofu. Clever trick, he couldn't resist the thing.

He appeared before them, and the pixie jerked back in shock. The mortal hurried forward, and thrusting the tofu into his hands, with some other weird looking dish, quickly said, "Please don't leave, we brought you Almond Tofu and my specialty, and we need to talk to you! "

He exhaled tiredly. They were determined, he had to give it to them. He said monotonously, "State your business here," while gulping down the tofu as fast as he could.

(Timeskip again ;P)

Xiao was shocked. Utterly, totally broken, as this Traveler delivered the worst, most horrifying possible news-' The passing of Rex Lapis at the Rite of Descension. The Rite of Descension, meant to specially honor the Geo Archon, the oldest surviving god. His master, the one who freed him from centuries of horror, gone. Just gone, like that. Who could be horrible enough to do a deed like this? But it is impossible for a human to kill a god, so did that mean that someone from Celestia had maybe turned against them? Maybe it was the Tsaritsa of Snezhnaya? What would he do now? More importantly, what would Liyue do?'

Suddenly, with all these thoughts and questions whirling like hurricanes in his mind, he remembered the mortals. Looking at him worriedly. Hmph. Worried for a Yaksha. These people really had no respect for the adepti. Somehow gathering himself out of his thoughts, he said in a curt tone, "That explains the other adepti's summons. I shall leave at once." Almost as a side thought, he added, "Stay out of trouble."

He heard her mutter to herself, "I always stay out of trouble. Trouble is what loves to follow me everywhere." That lightened his mood a bit, and if he had been anyone else, he would have chuckled.

Before leaving, he saw the girl gazing at him sadly with... understanding? Quietly she said," I understand your pain." before walking away immediately.

Lumine POV:-

She could easily see through the Adeptus's tough demeanor to his brokenness inside, fully aware that she had dealt him a devastating blow. So quietly enough, that only Xiao, not Paimon could hear it, she said, "I understand your pain." 'If not tenfold times.' she thought, hastily and ruthlessly squashing horrible memories of her past.

(I know you guys might get a bit bored, so I am trying to drop some hints regarding the mysteries of Lumine... Hope u r enjoying!)

Toodles!