Chapter 32- Confrontation- Part 1

Raiden Ei POV

Soon after that peace meeting, she left for Narukami Island with Lumine-san and Xiao. Part of her was still ecstatic about the fact that they had been wrong, that her elder sister wasn't dead or disappeared. The only person other than Lumine who she had an especially close relationship with was her blood sister Makoto. Well, technically Lumine too was her blood sister, but from the godly side- Ei was a daughter of Zeus along with Makoto; Lumine was the child of Poseidon.

She pushed those thoughts to a side, as she focused on the Tenryou Commission's betrayal, which was now confirmed. But she was curious, she had to admit it. What could make one of the Tri-Commission turn their backs on their ruler?

"Mhm, you do have a point." Lumine mused. "Eh? Oh geez, did I speak my thoughts out loud?" Lumine smiled a little as she said, "Same as ever. But yeah, you did. If I had to take a wild guess, I'd say it was the Fatui without hesitation. They've been pretty active recently. It wouldn't be below them. I mean, they literally tried to drown Liyue, and would have succeeded if not for the Qixing and adepti working together." "And you too." Xiao said. "Uhm-Yeah I guess..." Lumine stammered. "What's the matter, Lumine san?" Ei teased. "Can't handle a compliment?"

Lumine stared at her dumbfounded. "Beelzebul? Is it actually you? Since when the heck did you start to tease people so much?" Ei smirked slyly as Xiao said, "You didn't seem to mind it when you two were picking on my height. Now its time for retribution." Lumine muttered something inaudible as she turned away from them with a huff.

Teasing aside, Ei was glad Lumine had started to go out and interact with people more. She hadn't failed to notice the close relationship Lumine had with Xiao, and it made her happy. She knew her elder sister had been through a lot... So she deserved the happiness in every right. Though, if her musings were correct, neither of the two concerned seemed to know their own feelings. She giggled a little at that. Yeah, they were in for a wild ride.

Lumine POV

As they got closer to Inazuma City, Ei's demeanor changed to that of a more serious one, the playful Ei that had been accompanying them till now seeming to disappear. In what seemed like but a moment, they were standing in front of the Tenryou Commission Headquarters. She raised a curious eyebrow; Ei taking charge of things would be interesting, especially after having locked herself up inside the Euthymia for heaven knows how long.

Once again, guards seemed to notice her, a wanted criminal as of now, before they noticed their own Shogun. A guard shrieked, "Seize he-" "No need. I am accompanying her." The Shogun interrupted him mid sentence. "Your Highness- but- but-" "Are you defying me?" She asked coldly. Chills ran down Lumine's spine. Yes.... The Beelzebul she knew had long changed from time and circumstances. Time had had to make her harder, stronger, more resilient. Though she rather appreciated the end result; Ei had always been too soft for her own good; she didn't like the way it came about.

Shaking those musings aside, she focused on the situation at hand. "I'm sure the guards are in a bit of a surprise now." She whispered to Xiao, who was standing beside her. "A bit? I'm betting you they are flabbergasted right now." He dryly said back.

"Come on." Ei said. After walking for a bit, they found Kujou Sara, the general of the Shogunate army. She was pacing and seemed to be in deep thought. "Good Evening Sara." Raiden said monotonously. Sara jumped and swiveled around. "Oh-Your- Your Highness!" "Why were the Shogunate forces attacking the Watatsumi People?" "What do you mean, your highness?" Sara asked, obviously confused. "We were doing it on your orders."

"No." Ei said coldly. "I never ordered for the Watatsumi people to be attacked. I only asked for the visions to be seized. I am assuming it is the Tenryou Commission's responsibility to see the Decree fulfilled?" Sara nodded. "Then I believe it shall have to be punished. As a matter of fact, I was not at all informed of the resistance, instead being told that everything was going smoothly. I even have a letter from your head with me as proof."

The Raiden Shogun handed over the concerned letter to Sara, and as her eyes skimmed through the page, her face grew ashen. "Shogun." Lumine said quietly. "I don't think Sara knew about this." She did not respond, her eyes fixed on Sara.

"How dare he!" Sara exclaimed. "Utter disregard for all the soldiers, all the lives lost! Takayuki has some explaining to do!" She ran off inside the headquarters, and Xiao shook his head, bemused. "If that is how she reacted to this, then I wonder what would she say if she knew of the Fatui dealings." "Lets follow her inside." The Shogun said emotionlessly. "I would also like to settle a score with Kujou Takayuki."

With that, they disappeared into the domain-like place that was the headquarters of the Tenryou Commission. 

( 1012 words.

Geez I sure dawdled a lot with writing this chapter. i dunno why, probably coz I've had a bunch of things irl. But anyways, I'm super hyped for Version 2.7, especially for Xiao [Psst I didn't get him last time, and now I have a guarantee] But the new archon quest also seems pretty interesting, I had a gut feeling all along that the Electro Yaksha would be involved. Soooo would you all like to see the Chasm archon quest+ new interlude quest after this, or directly wait for Sumeru? Of course, there is a possibility that I might do a HUGE time skip, directly to the end of Lumine's journey if school gets too stressful. Or it would probably be a lot more slow updating than it is right now. But until now, nothing is decided so suggestions are open ;) )