Chapter 22- All Hell Broken Loose

(A/N Please forgive me, I am directly skipping to the start of Inazuma Archon Quest, Act II. This is because I havent thought about the part in between, and do not have much inspiration and writing matter for it. When this story is finished, then I might add it if I find time.)

Lumine POV

"How strange..." Lumine murmured, looking around the completely abandoned Komore Teahouse. Paimon piped up, "It's never this quiet."

The road leading up to here had been long. They had arrived in Inazuma, found help by a friendly man from the Yashiro Commission, and the daughter of the head of the Kanjou commission, who had helped smuggle them out of Ritou, Inazuma's port of arrival. Once in Mainland Inazuma, they had found Thoma again, who had wanted them to help in the fight against the Vision Hunt Decree, to which they politely, but flat out refused. There had been some stuff, blah blah blah, they had seen people who went insane after losing their Vision, helped out, blah blah. In the end, they agreed to help fight the Raiden Shogun's policies.

"Have you seen Thoma anywhere?" came a panting female voice from the door. It was Ayaka, a member of the Kamisato Clan. They both shook their heads. "No, we are also searching for him." "Then it is as I fear. On the way here, I heard that Thoma had been taken away by the Tenryou Commission." "He had been WHAT?!" Paimon exclaimed. "The Raiden Shogun was planning a ceremony today." Lumine murmured. "The Vision Hunt Ceremony, to mark the 100th vision seized. And the person in question is....  Thoma." Her fist clenched. Thoma was her best friend in Inazuma apart from Ayaka, and had helped them out of so many fixes. To see a common person's vision taken, was one thing, but seeing her friend's vision being taken away? That put the situation in perspective. But she would not allow this to happen. During her thoughts, Ayaka said, "I cannot let this happen. I must go and save him!"

Lumine instantly saw flaws in Ayaka's going. "Stay calm. You are a member of the Yashiro Commission, the Shirasagi Himegimi. You represent it. If you pull a stunt like that, you would declare the Yashiro Commission and Raiden Shogun enemies. Not to mention, this would also implicate a lot of other Yashiro Commission members." "But there is no other option!" Ayaka protested.

"There is." Lumine said firmly, a calming hand on Ayaka's shoulder. "I am not affiliated to any commission. I am a traveler, free to do as I please. I will go, and rescue Thoma. You have my word that he shall come back here, alive and still a Vision Bearer."

"Oh- ok. I shall wait here for your return. Get back safely." She nodded as she ran past her, out of the Teahouse.

If only she knew the cost of her promise.

__________

She didn't bother to walk all the way, instead using teleport waypoints.  She ran towards the crowd, eyes falling on the bound up Thoma. Her fist clenched, but she would have to wait for the action. She can't act yet, not now. In front of the statue, was the ruler of Inazuma, the person she wanted to meet all along. The Raiden Shogun in the flesh. She was gazing at the statue, that didn't really look like her. Then she gracefully turned half around, and with controlled motions, extended her hand, and squeezed it. Thoma's pyro vision came off.

As she glowed with electro, she knew it was her time to act.

As the vision flew towards the Shogun, she snatched it from the air in a brilliant flash of violet lightening. Then she stood straight, Thoma's vision safe in her hand, chin raised, to face the Shogun, who was glaring straight at her, her purple eyes glowing. As the soldiers guarding Thoma attacked her, with one slash of her sword, she incapacitated them, then streaking towards Thoma with electro on her side, to deftly reattach his vision and free him. But before she could cut his bonds, a bolt of lightening interrupted her. She turned to see the Shogun descending from her high position menacingly. Every step of hers through the air seemed to be taken on a platform of lightening.