Chapter 19-Worries and Travel Plans

(Fanart credits to Miothle on Hoyolab- https://www.hoyolab.com/accountCenter/postList?id=91057996)

Xiao POV

He was panicking.

Less than a minute ago, Lumine had collapsed unconscious for reasons yet unknown. Though he could feel her pulse, she wasn't responding. A dark aura seemed to be emanating from her. He pressed his lips into a thin line. He decided to take her to Verr Goldet and Wangshu Inn first. If she said that they'd have to go to the Bubu Pharmacy..... then he'd take her there.

Paimon was quietly tagging behind him, probably aware of how worried he was. He teleported in a dark mist right in front of Goldet. "Xiao, you're finally bac- Oh my! What happened?" Goldet's eyes were wide as she looked at the passed out girl in his arms. "I don't know, we were, uh, fighting something, then after it was over, she abruptly collapsed. I have been trying to wake her, but though she is alive, she isn't responding." Verr quickly came out from behind the counter and examined Lumine. With a worried expression, she said, "I don't understand what happened to her. Perhaps it would be best for you to take her to-" "Bubu Pharmacy, right?" He finished with a sigh. "Yes..." she nodded seriously. "Though Baizhu and Qiqi might be eccentric, they are quite skilled in their job." 

"Very well then." With another poof of dark mist, he disappeared to Liyue Harbor.

Crowded. That was his first thought. Too crowded. There were too many people, and an adeptus with an unconscious girl would be sure to attract a lot of attention. He carefully walked in the sidelines and shadows, silently thankful it was night.

As he walked into the pharmacy towards a green haired man with a snake around his neck, he fastened his pace, coming out of the shadows. "Are you Dr Baizhu, sir?" He asked, keeping his tone as polite as possible. "Ah yes, indeed I am. It's quite a surprise to see an adep-" Xiao gave him his best glare, and it easily scared Baizhu. "W-What may I do for you today, sir?" 

Holding the girl in his arms a bit forward, he said curtly, "She needs help." Baizhu bent over her with a concerned face, before calling out, "Qiqiiii!" Come here, Qiqi, and please check on what's wrong with her. Sir, please keep her in the next room." He reluctantly did as was asked, and watched the doctor rummage around in his stores, removing what looked like some herbs, and medicines. "No, not this one... I think this might work." Baizhu muttered to himself. Meanwhile, a small girl with lilac hair, pink eyes and a talisman on her head, came out of the room in which Lumine was, and said in a dreamy voice, "Qiqi has checked over Big Sister, but Qiqi can't find anything wrong." Baizhu sighed. "Well, that'll make things rather complicated. It widens the range of medicines we can use to improve her health and bring her back to consciousness."

Turning to him, Baizhu said, "Then it would seem that she simply got overexhausted and passed out. Did you say that she had been fighting before?" "Yes." "Well, then perhaps that is it. A simple case of tiredness, nothing more." Qiqi spoke up in that same dreamy voice. "Big Brother, Big Sister will be okay soon. She should rest, and not move about too much." Baizhu smiled proudly at Qiqi. He nodded. Might as well take her back to her room in Wangshu Inn. But, though they had said that she would be fine, he couldn't help but feel that something was still wrong.

He carefully set her down on her bed, and tucked her in. Then, with one last glance at her, he disappeared soundlessly into the night, in a poof of dark mist.

Lumine POV

Her insides were burning and freezing. She felt as though coldness and hotness were having a battle inside her. She had no idea what was going on outside of her head. All she could hear was the voices of the monsters of her homeland, all she could see was those demons she had killed in more than many millennia. She didn't know how much time had passed, what happened to her brother. The last memory she had of the real world, was a teal-haired man kneeling over her worriedly as she collapsed.