Chapter 34- The Fair Lady

Xiao POV

"My, my, you are finally here, Shogun." came a silky smooth, but arrogant voice, that sent shivers of hatred down his spine, although he didn't even know Signora. "I apologise for the delay." The Shogun said emotionlessly."Hope I didn't keep you waiting." "Oh, it's nothing, we were taught patience from quite early on, as part of being in the Fatui. Now, shall we get down to business? I would like to discuss some things with you, on behalf of our Tsaritsa and the Fatui."

"Not so fast, Signora." Lumine interrupted, stepping forward, and he saw the way her eyes glowed with hate. "Oh?" Signora, who had been facing the wall, turned around, and seemed momentarily surprised to see them. She quickly regained her composure though. "Well, this is quite the surprise. I certainly wasn't expecting to see you here, in company of the Almighty Shogun." "Oh shut it already. You know exactly why I'm here. You have been trying to get control of Inazuma, the Shogun's gnosis, AND you have been distributing delusions!"

Signora smirked. "Ah, here to expose my crimes in front of the shogun? Well, I'm afraid I have no idea what you are talking about. I'm just a simple diplomat from Snezhnaya."

Oh archons, this lady was seriously starting to get on Xiao's nerves too. Lumine didn't respond to Signora's words, and he saw that she was trying to restrain herself from attacking the Harbinger. This made Signora's smirk grow even bigger, as Raiden walked to her throne.

Lumine POV

Oh holy Poseidon, this lady had gotten even more annoying since the last time they met. She could barely control the urge to drown her as she fisted her hands. Suddenly though, an idea popped into her head, and started to take shape. The anger on her face started to be replaced with a small smirk. 'Oh, this annoying harbinger will definitely pay.'

"..." Raiden hummed, watching the situation unfold.

"For Venti's gnosis, and for all the people of Liyue you imperiled..."

"I challenge you to a duel before the throne!"

.

.

.

"Ehhhh??!!" Paimon squeaked, voicing everyone's shock. "Lumine, are you-" She was interrupted by Signora shaking her head. "My my, you are full of surprises today."

"Proceed." The Shogun ordered, her eyes glowing violet. Somehow though, she knew that it was Ei, rather than Raiden. "Lumine,are you sure you want to do this?" Xiao asked, concern on his face. "Yes." She responded with her fixed on Signora, who was smirking haughtily. She really needed to be brought down a peg or two. "It's been long coming."

Signora still had that annoying smirk plastered on her face as she said, "I'll admit that I never expected to be in a position where the two of us were on equal footing. But I suppose that this could be a fun battle-" 'Serious Childe energy, please tell me she isn't a battle maniac like him' "- so I shall deign to share this last dance with you... till death do us part."

************

Signora fell to her knees, panting heavily from her extreme use of her delusion, akin to Childe's Foul Legacy Transformation. "So strong... But.. But how?" She gasped, her breath coming out in short bursts. As they looked at her with slight pity in their eyes at her shock, a click-clack noise came from behind. They swiveled around to see the Shogun in all her glory calmly but resolutely walking forward, no trace of Ei in her. Her glowing katana was in her hand.

Signora saw her heading towards her, and stammered angrily, "I am a Snezhnayan diplomat! I swear, if you strike me, I will make sure-" She managed to get up, fury radiating off her at being defeated. "The Fatui will make sure that your precious Inazuma-" The Musou Isshin crackled with electricity. The Raiden Shogun's eyes truly glowed violet, as a chakra of electro energy formed around her like a halo. "Stop! I order you!" Signora snapped, and Lumine shook her head as Xiao sighed. What a foolish move, ordering the Shogun around.

"And you!" Signora snapped at Lumine, as she raised her sword. "Filthy rats, all of you!" With a burst of fury, she raced towards the Shogun, intending to do what Lumine did not know. The Shogun's eyes lowered and as she raised the glowing katana, there was a burst of excess electro energy in the room. When things came into focus again, they saw Signora dissolve into the air, not even ashes left. She blinked, unable to believe it. Gone? Just like that...? Xiao also seemed shocked.

"I have some work to do." Raiden said curtly. "I shall see you later, Lumine-san, Xiao." And so they had no option but to walk out of Tenshakaku into the streets surrounding into, into the air that seemed heavy with electricity.

(942 words

Aaaaaand here is your new chapter. Sorry for the procrastination hehe. Oh and I though I should let you know, that the scene of Kazuha's friend's vision awakening, the second Raiden battle bla bla won't be happening here, since they are already acquainted with each other. On that note, see you soon!)