Chapter 30- Talking it out

Xiao POV

"You have one chance to explain."

The way the Shogun, no Ei said it made him shiver. But Lumine seemed unfazed as she walked forwards. "My name is Lumine." she stated. Ei just stared at her, at which she sighed and said, "I was hoping that your form of eternity preserved your memories too. Seems I'll have to remind you the roundabout way." Ei seemed infuriated at the insult, but waited for Lumine to explain. "You ran away from Olympus with your seven siblings, didn't you? You were searching for someone, weren't you?" Ei's eyes widened, the only indication of this being true.

"She was a sister of yours, wasn't she?" Lumine asked, smiling gently. Ei nodded, still shocked at what Lumine knew. "Her name was-" "Lumine." Ei whispered. She stared at her as though seeing her in a new light. She came out of her meditating pose as she walked towards Lumine unthreateningly, her eyes slightly glazed. "Is it really you, Lumi?" She asked softly. Still smiling, she nodded, as though she had expected this reaction. "Prove it." Ei said quietly. "Prove it by doing something that only the Lumine of Olympus would be able to do." Lumine laughed at that. 

"Honestly I was expecting this. Still as cautious as ever, I see. Very well then."

A loud sound came from overhead. They looked up to see water falling down in a huge wave, right above Lumine. It fell upon her, but when she re-appeared, she was absolutely dry. Then the water formed a perfect circle around her, then fell outwards as lightening struck the water, electro charging it. Then it just disappeared. (This is meant to be her elemental burst)

"oooook." Ei said. She teleported right next to her, and hugged her tight. Amused, Lumine did the same. All this while he was just standing in a corner, not wanting to interrupt. "Now, now, we can catch up later. However, I have a request for you." She motioned for Xiao to come forward.

"Abolish the Vision Hunt Decree."

Ei stared at her. "Why would you request that?" Lumine shook her head in disapproval. "It is not doing any good to Inazuma." Xiao stated."Xiao is right, Ei. It is not right to take one's very ambition away from them. It is leaving them crazy. People are going mindless." "Then they should have spoken out loud, voiced their concerns." Ei retorted. "So far, it has met with no resistance." "Wait, what?" Xiao and Lumine exclaimed together. "What are you talking about, Ei? So many people are resisting! People are giving up their lives to be granted justice!"

Ei frowned. "I have received no news of this from the Tenryou Commission, which is actively implementing the decree.In fact, they have mentioned that all is well, and not a single person is against it." "Such lies!" Lumine snapped. "How are they communicating with you?" "They send regular reports." "I'd like to see them."

Ei nodded, and a ball of electro formed in her palm, before it dissipated to form the mentioned papers. Lumine read through it, her expression growing angrier. She shook her head. "Ei, this is not the truth. I will show you something now, please pay attention."

Another ball of water formed in her hands, which fell away to reveal a gazing orb. They all leaned close to it, seeing an old man clutch his head and cry nonsensical things. "Do you see, Ei? This is the swordmaster of the Meikyou Shisui art. His vision was taken away, and do you see what has become of him now? I saw this with my own eyes." The scene switched, to show a man he faintly remembered. Blonde hair, red dredd, flanked by guards at his sides, and tied up. In front of her was the puppet Shogun. Yet, as he looked up at the Shogun, his gaze filled with defiance. That he wouldn't give up without a fight. He realised that this was what happened when she saved Thoma.

As the Shogun extended her hand, and the Pyro vision started to fly towards her, Thoma started forward. But there was a flash of purple, and the vision came to rest in Lumine's hands. This surprised him. He knew that she had gone against the Shogun, but so directly... He wasn't expecting it. It switched to an image of a green field with a stormy background, and fallen bodies littering the ground. War raged around, Shogunate samurai clashing with the resistance army.

Lumine closed her palm, and the orb disappeared. "Do you see now, Beelzebul? Is this helping your country? Is it?" ( As a quick clarification, the current archon is Raiden Ei, also known as Beelzebul. Her dead sister is Raiden Makoto, known as Baal. She was the original archon. The Raiden Shogun is the puppet made by Ei.)

Fire burned in the Archon's eyes as she walked past them. "It would appear that the Tenryou Commission has betrayed me. They shall face the consequences. Meet me outside Tenshakaku, if you don't mind accompanying me to the Resistance headquarters and Tenryou commission headquarters."

She looked at Xiao with a raised eyebrow, as if asking him for approval, to which he nodded. He would certainly like to see the Tenryou commission getting a taste of their own medicine. "We don't mind." Ei paused and turned towards them. "Oh, I almost forgot. Who is that young gentleman you have with you? I don't believe we have been introduced." "Ah right, silly me." Lumine said, giggling. "This 'young gentleman' is Xiao, he is an adeptus, and serves Morax." Xiao glared at her for teasing him."I am not young." He grumbled. "I am over 2000 years old." She smirked, having succeeded in making him retort. "Yeah yeah whatever." Ei seemed amused as she transported them back to the real world.

( 1026 words.

I apologise for the small chapters, they are serving more like filler chapters to the actual plot. Also, from here, I just go with the crazy ideas my mind will conjure, since i dont have any definite plans for this book yet lol. Well, I am extremely happy with the support this book is getting, so cya soon readers!)