Chapter 3 - A not-so-new Life

Lumine POV

Lumine was bored. Very bored.

One would think that the sabotage of the Rite of Descension would bring about some changes, but nay, life was still clockwork. Wake up, feed Paimon, threaten to make her emergency food, go to Katheryne, do commissions, yada yada yada. The commisions would have been fun. If they weren't as simple as getting rid of a bunch of hilichurls.  She felt like a volcano about to explode. Today she vented about it to Paimon. 

"Ughh Paimon, this is getting kinda frustrating! We are getting nowhere with meeting the Archons, have no clues about finding my brother, and these commissions are so damned easy!" Poor Paimon looked shocked and ready to run at this outburst. Suddenly feeling guilty, she said, "Um Paimon I'm sorry, I just wanted to vent, sowwiee." Paimon carefully replied, "Its ok, Paimon may be obsessed with food most of the time, but she also understands your frustration. "

While Paimon was looking through the adventurer's handbook, she turned pale and said, "Um, Lumi? I think you might like today's commissions. We gotta get rid of two ruin guards in the Thousand Winds temple, and a Ruin Hunter in the Guili Plains." Surprisingly, she grinned. "Ahhh, finally. Come on then Paimon, or if you'd rather stay in your world, then don't worry, I am fine with that too." With that, she set off towards Galesong Hill.

Xiao POV

While Lumine was off fighting automatons, Xiao was getting rid of corruption. The Hilichurls and Mitachurl started to circle him, waving their clubs and axes at him. But as he kept cutting through them with his spear, they kept reforming. A wooden club with spikes grazed his arm. An arrow whizzed dangerously close to his ear.He ducked to avoid a direct hit from the Mitachurl. He saw only one option.

With an echoing battle cry, he put on his mask, giving him an entire dam-full more of power. He plunged at them again and again, driving his jade green spear through them, until finally, finally they dispersed in mists of darkness. He stumbled and hurriedly sat on the ground, exhaustion seeping through him. These monsters kept getting stronger and stronger, practically reeking of the Abyss and Chasm, and as a result, he had to use his ultimate prowess more often. Problem was, it brought waves of tiredness upon him, the more he used it. And that usually worsened the darkness, the voices within him.

Seeing no mortals around, he decided to rest in this Archon-forsaken place for a while. And he did. Until he heard a 'click clink whirrrr.'

Unknowingly, he had wandered close to Guili Plains.