Chapter 14- Secret of the Abyss- Part II

Summary of the previous chapter:-

Lumine had flashbacks of her horrible past in her nightmare, where she again saw Aether captured, Khanreia'ah destroyed, and of a long time ago, when she found her two best friends dead, and saw her older brother and mentor, Archer get killed by Kronos( King of Titans and enemy of the Olympians) in front of her eyes. She sees herself about to retaliate in pure fury, before Xiao stops her nightmare using his ancient adeptus art.

Xiao POV

"WHAT?!" Paimon screeched right into their ears. Lumine's eyes were distant, maybe remembering something that happened long ago? She replied quietly, "There is only one living person with whom I have such a deep connection to be able to sense his presence or aura. That only person is my brother." 

Dainsleif mused, "Perhaps your brother had been here some time ago? Perhaps that could indicate why that mere dandelion held his memories." "But, if he was here some time ago, then where is he now?" "I am afraid I have no idea." Dainsleif replied quietly.

"Atleast you know that he is still alive, right?" Xiao tried to console her.

Dain said, "I do not pretend to know about your past, but it is only natural to be desperate to find one's family. However, I would suggest you do not rush. As Morax says, 'Every journey has its end.' But your's has just begun, has it not." Lumine nodded. "Hang on." Xiao interrupted. "How do you know Lord Morax says that?" "If I have traveled around Tevyat like Lumine is doing so, then isn't it natural to have met the archons too? Though I cant say I am too fond of them." Dain was quick to retort, turning his piercing, diamond shaped pupils on him. Xiao responded by crossing his arms and muttering, "Hmph." Back to old, unresponsive Xiao.

 Dain turned back to Lumine. "I hope you find your kin at the end of your journey. I am afraid we must part here for now... Goodbye, and Goodluck." With that, he walked off into the distance. "Lets go back to Wangshu Inn now." Xiao suggested. "Ooooh yesss, and we will also eat loads of food, we had such a tiring day! Almond Tofu, Bamboo Shoot soup, Black Back Perch stew, and whatnot! Yummmm, Paimon's tummy is grumbling just thinking about it!" 

Lumine laughed at this. Even he had the smallest, barest of smirks. 

Lumine POV

Hehe, turns out she could always rely on Paimon's natural hungriness to cheer her up from sad moods. "Alright then." Xiao extended his hand, and she was confused until she remembered his teleportation thingy. So she reached out for it and grabbed Paimon with her other hand.

Once again that darkness enveloped her before she found herself in the all- too familiar balcony of Wangshu Inn. Turning to Xiao, she said, "Thank you for accompanying me today, Xiao. It was nice having a familiar face around." Turning the other way, he crossed his arms and muttered, "Think nothing of it." She couldn't help it; a small knowing smile appeared on her face. "Well, goodbye for now. I have to go supervise Paimon, or she might once again use all my savings on food." Dread grew inside her as she remembered the time that hungry ogre in pixie disguise had used up around 10000 mora, all her savings till then, to order extravagancies while she was having a well deserved late sleep. "I'll see you at night, byeee." Her last words were drowned as she practically flew down the stairs before Paimon could order anything.

Whew, just in time. Paimon was saying, "and an Adeptus's Temptation too, 5 star. Here's the mo-" "Nonono don't you dare Paimon!" She snatched her mora bag from Paimon. Smiling politely at the confused waiter, she said, "Could you please cancel everything she ordered? Instead, we'll have an Almond Tofu, and two Grilled Tiger fish, thank you, and here's the mora." She paid how much was necessary, and glared at Paimon, who also scowled at her.