Special Chapter- An Unknown Goddess

(So I know this fic is waaaaaaay past 1k reads and 100 votes, but well, I really wanted to get this out, so here it is. You might or might not have a surprise your way XD)

Lumine POV

It had been a while since she had woken up. Unfortunately, she was still made to stay in Liyue, until she 'recovered fully'. That reason was effectively pure crap, but Zhongli had suggested it, and Jiliana, Venti AND Xiao had all instantly agreed to it. So sadly, she'd been cornered. Four against one.

So for the time being, she alternated between Mondstadt, Wangshu Inn and Liyue. And while she was in the mainland, she continued their tradition of killing monsters with Xiao every night. It felt rather good, though of course she'd refuse this if you ever said it to her. 

But one night, something seemed to be different. There were none of the usual corrupted beings, and a haunting silence filled the air. The very atmosphere seemed to be heavy with tension. They both tensed as they cautiously made their way forward. After a few minutes of deafening silence, the first sound they heard was an ear-splitting howl, that instantly put Lumine on high alert. She immediately stopped in her tracks, and motioned for Xiao to stay where he was, as she crept forward stealthily. Not within one mile, her suspicions were confirmed. She retraced her steps back, and whispered to Xiao, "Stay right here. Don't move a single step, or it could cost you your life. Immortals included. Let me deal with these monsters."

Before he could speak even a single word, she vanished in a swirl of golden mist mixed with silver. At the same time, a huge uproar of sound emerged from the clearing ahead. Angry, piercing howls of hellhounds. Despite her warnings, he quietly climbed a tree to get a better view of what was going on.

Xiao POV

He observed the huge black dogs, with a single human amongst them, Lumine excluded. He didn't understand how the hell could a bunch of black dogs harm him. But he decided to leave them to Lumine for the time being. He observed how she appeared right in the middle of the monsters, giving her the element of surprise. When the shock wore off, a clear, man's voice rang out: "ATTACK!"

He saw how she wove a deadly dance around the dogs, clearly avoiding their fangs and claws. She also seemed to be avoiding the human, but never let her guard down, not for a second. She was aware of every movement of everything, making sure to never stay in one place for too long, and never letting herself get overwhelmed by sheer numbers. He didn't think he could join in the battle even if he wanted to; there was simply too much action for him to find an opening. 

Gradually, as the night wore off, the battle started to dwindle. Although it was one versus maybe 50 to 60, Lumine still had the clear upper hand. A few more minutes passed, and soon the only one left was the human. He seemed to have been trying to launch attacks on her, to never be successful. But now she suddenly swiveled around, and her sword vanished as her hand swiftly closed around the human's neck. Both the men gasped, as the human's sword disappeared from his grasp. He leaned forward. 

"You bastard." Lumine hissed, which shocked him, because as a rule, she rarely ever sweared. Now that he was closer, he saw that the human was a small boy, probably 16 or 17 in age, not much. He was thin, with pure black hair, and a black eyepatch, which he found interesting. (did you guess who it is? if you've read battle of the labyrinth, you'll know ;P) 

"You betrayed my brother, didn't you?" She said in a deathly soft voice. "How- How do you know about it?" He struggled to say. "Do you know who I am? I know all I need to know. But, do you know that treachery is never left unpaid?" He replied, "Then fight me. Instead of strangling me like a coward, fight me. A duel to the the death. We'll see who's better." 

The fact that he called Lumine a coward seemed to be the last straw. While still keeping a death hold on his neck, she punched him in the face, flattening his already- squashed nose.  Then, surprisingly, she released him. "You wouldn't last two seconds. But if that is what you want, then sure, why not? How about I vaporise you right here, with my godly form?" 

'Wait, WHAT? Did she just say 'godly form'????' Apparently, the same thought went through the boy, who took a step back. Lumine started glowing dangerously gold. The boy's eyes widened, but as he tried to run, he abruptly paused midstep. It was as if he'd been frozen. "What's the matter, Ethan Nakamura, son of Nemesis?" She asked, laughing. "Can't move an inch? But this isn't even the start." But then, she surprisingly calmed down. Ethan fell flat on his back. She leaned close to his ear. "Remember, Nakamura. I am a god child of Poseidon. Never underestimate me."  She leaned back, and crossed her arms. "But you know what? I'll let you go. Go back to Kronos. Fight for him. I know that you will die. You have no chance of surviving, nor does Kronos. Not even a 1% chance. Oh, and tell him. If he even dares to send any other monsters after me in this world, I swear I'll come back to chop him into pieces, even if it isn't my prophecy."

With that, a portal opened behind him, which seemed to be weaved from the very fabric of space-time. She pushed him into it.

The moment Nakamura disappeared into it and it closed, he deftly leaped down to stand in front of Lumine, who groaned. "Right, I almost forgot you were there. Guess I shouldn't have lost control like I did."

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY???!!" He exclaimed in her face. She avoided his eyes, as she said, "I said a lot of things. You're gonna have to be more specific." "You know what I mean." He said, staring at her, with his own arms crossed. "You said 'Godly Form' something about being a childe of Poseidon." 

"Riiight. So that's what you're talking about. Well, uhhh, yeah I did say that." She said it all hastily. He stared at her, unable to believe her sheer nerve. But he didn't think it was a good idea to anger her after what he had just seen. "So you're a- a-" "I'm a goddess." She said gently. He just stared at her with wide, shocked eyes. "Or more specifically, I'm the goddess of the stars in my home world, which is why I was able to open that portal. Kinda like how Artemis is the goddess of the moon, and Apollo of the sun."

"I don't get a word of what you're saying." He grumbled. "All I get is that you are a goddess and you never told me. I've been hanging out with a freaking god for months now, and I always thought of you as a regular mortal human." Lumine blinked. "Excuse me? If I remember correctly, I did imply that my prophecy had occured millennia ago. Which meant that I had been alive for millennia. I think you should have figured out that I'm atleast immortal." "Never paid attention to that." He muttered.

"Then you should have." She replied tartly. He crossed his arms as he said, "Well, okay, but in return for keeping this secret for so long, you'll have to tell me all the details." "There's not much to it, except that I'm a minor god, who was once a normal mortal human, but was given the gift, or curse, depending on how you see it, of immortality. After my prophecy ended, I was made a god. My godly parent is Poseidon, God of the Sea, and one of the Big Three Gods of the thrones of Olympus."

"If that show just now was minor, then I shudder to think of your father's power." She chuckled. "As you should. But, the sun has risen, so I suggest we go back to Wangshu Inn, or Venti is sure to freak out." "Hmph. Whatever."

With that, they both teleported into the inn on the gingko tree.

(1502 words. 

Mwahahaha! Did my title mislead you? Well, sorry not sorry. I have absolutely no intention of ending this fic here. But technically, Lumine is still a minor god in Olympus, so she is not really all that known in the normal mortal world, like Dionysus or Athena. Hence the title. At first, I wanted to make her one of the 12 main gods of Olympus, during the time Apollo was exiled, but then I realised it didn't make sense according the the actual storyline, so here we are. Well, now I gtg, so cya!)