Chapter 23- Archons in Inazuma

( A/N First things first, I do still remember that I have to write a 1k views special, I just didn't get the time. Next, This chapter has a totally different storyline from the original plot, and this is most of the main part from my imagination. So please do not expect much stuff related from the original game plotline.)

Xiao POV

Lumine was in trouble.

Without a second thought, he teleported to the place from where she had called, efficiently forgetting the fact that he wasn't supposed to leave Liyue. The sudden sight of pink cherry blossom and Yumemiru trees assaulted his eyes. But what he saw in front of him made him take a step back in pure shock. 

Lumine, yes. But in a state he had never wanted to see her in. She was lurching forward, on her knees. But the most disturbing thing was this... aura around her. Black and terrifying, it was even manifesting physically. It seemed so familiar, that his brain told him he should know what was happening to her. But he just couldn't understand. He knelt in front of her, and shook her gently. "Lumine? Lumine, can you hear me?" No response. Her fists were clenched, eyes closed, face twisted into a grimace. Yeah, she definitely didn't hear him. He turned around, to see Paimon, and an unfamiliar boy. The only way he could describe him was by calling him a carbon copy of Childe. The thought didn't please him. The Childe look-alike seemed scared by Xiao, but Paimon looked relieved. "You're here Xiao! How did you come here? What happened to Lumine?" "I was about to ask the same thing of you." Xiao retorted. "What happened here?" Paimon flew back, hands beneath chin, and a way too innocent expression on her face that already told him she was far from innocent. "Paimon?"

Surprisingly, it was the Childe look-alike, who introduced himself as Thoma, who volunteered an explanation, albeit looking unsettled.

____________

"So let me get this straight. You were taken by surprise, to have your Vision confiscated by the Shogun in a public ceremony. Then Lumine came, to rescue you. This led to her facing the Shogun head on, and when she re-emerged, she was found unconscious. A shockwave woke her up, but after getting here, she collapsed again." "That basically sums it up." Thoma said shakily. Couldn't blame him, the guy almost had his vision taken. He himself couldn't imagine his life without his Anemo Vision. Thoma was Lumine's friend, he supposed it was natural for her to try to save him. That would also explain why she hadn't I-M'inged him.

"Is there some sort of rest house nearby? Empty." Thoma stared at him before answering, "Well, yeah. There is one nearby, it's part of the Teahouse, but isn't used much." "We'll take it." Thoma nodded. 

Xiao carefully picked Lumine up, and followed Thoma in, setting her down on a well-made bed. Paimon suddenly said, "Thoma, you should go see Ayaka, she must be worried sick about you." "That I should." He nodded to Xiao, and he returned it. After Thoma was gone, he wondered what to do. After some silence, it was actually Paimon who came up with an idea. "Ooh, I know! If we can get Venti here, then he could heal her. He has done it before too, with his lyre." "Does Lumine's condition look like something that can be cured by an ordinary mortal?" "Ehe..." 'Infuriating little pixie.' he thought. "Well, are you 100% certain that this Venti can heal her?" Paimon nodded. "And, how exactly are we going to get this Venti here? After all, we are in Inazuma." Wait. They were in Inazuma. He was in Inazuma. Oh God, this was gonna get him in soo much trouble. While it wasn't expressly forbidden, he was away from Liyue. Well, perhaps he could explain his side of things to Rex Lapis? He pushed that thought away for the time being. Paimon said, "Actually, you wait here with Lumine, I'll go and get him." Xiao snorted. "Sorry pixie, I dont trust you enough."

"Hey! " Paimon pouted. "Paimon knows Venti better than you do!" She stuck her tongue out at him, and he groaned at her childish behavior. "I suppose that is true. Go get him, then. Prove yourself." Paimon disappeared instantly with a pop.