XZ: Surprise

Xiao Zhan gasped hard when he was able to. He opened his eyelids which seemed to oppose his decision. But when he was finally able to open his eyes to the blinding like white light—glanced around unable to comprehend what's happening. He remembered he was in a deep black abyss before and he found it completely peaceful. He couldn't help but to frown knowing he was awake now.

All he saw was sickening white walls surrounding him and a beeping sound next to him which kept continuously making its sound. He cringed internally at how the sound kept erupting non-stop.

With a frown he got himself up from the lying position he was and stood up eventually from the bed he was sleeping or whatsoever. But when he turned back to where he was lying—an inevitable gasp left his lips.

What he saw left him in utter shock that made him close his eyes tightly and then open them again just to make sure he wasn't dreaming or anything. But the the scene informs of him left unchanged.

There he saw his own self, dressed in white lying down in the bed with wires connected down to his body. He glanced back at his own self and realised he was indeed wearing the same. With his suddenly shaking hands, he reached for his body lying on the hospital bed as he assumed.

But his fingers only went through the lying body. Zhan was left breathless for a second—unable to understand anything. He wondered if it was one of his crazy dreams but he didn't felt as if it was take at for a split second.

Am I dead?
But...the heart monitor still shows that my heart works....

Zhan tried again but he was left again with his hands which went through his body—lying on the hospital bed.

What the hell?
Is this a dream? How did I end up here?

With endless dreams flying around his head he sat down on the couch which was placed next to his bed—still maintaining his contact with his own self which was laid, unstirred.
He didn't knew how much time he sat there staring into nowhere when suddenly flashbacks from what happens came back to his mind. He remembered how he exited his collage usually and how he kept walking on his daily path he used until someone caught his attention. He tried re-calling why he thought about following the stranger but to no avail.

He reminisced how he stopped in middle of the road and then a pain erupted on his body before everything went black. He understood he probably must be in those comas or whatever they show in dramas he have watched. But what he didn't understood was that Why I am outside my body and why can't I go back? He tried re-calling the fantasy Chinese dramas he have watched but he didn't remember much of how to get back.

Then he finally came to a conclusion that he shouldn't just sit here and wait until he was automatically sucked back into the body and walk around a bit to see if he was invisible to others like in those fantasy movies. Perhaps I can go to anywhere I want because I'm invisible?

With a grin he left his room and saw doctors, nurses hurrying their way through the hallways and numerous patients and their family's. Zhan walked a bit closer to them and tried waving his hand for final confirmation. He smiled widely when they didn't notice him. Which means, I'm invisible!

He internally squealed and eventually walked out of the hospital after walking around as it got boring here. He glanced at the hospital building which stood way more taller than him—from the entrance, huffing before walking away on the side path.

He didn't knew how he ended up in the same way to his collage and house but at the glance of it made his head ache a bit. Confused at himself he walked further until he came across the place where he was hit by. It stood there same as before not a single bit difference other than the time. It was evening as he realised by the reddish sunlight filtering through buildings—as he looked around him.