WYB: Vengeful

Yibo glanced at the cashier who gave him a small smile after she told him that he have wronged his date. Cursing at himself after he gave the cashier an apologetic smile, he walked outside.

Where could that idiot possibly be..

Yibo glanced around in hopes of seeing Zhan walking slowly as ever but he saw nothing except normal people in their daily routine.

Abruptly a modern car stopped in front of the Gucci store Yibo was standing and Zhan stepped out of it smiling. Even though Yibo was a bit far from the vehicle he could clearly recognise that black hair from miles afar.

As much as Yibo can and he like to recognise Xiao Zhan, he clearly did not want to see the other person who came out from the car behind him. Yibo could already feel his non-existing blood boil at the sight of him.

Yibo stood there watching Zhan exchanging few words with the other and then the other getting back inside, driving off.

Zhan looked at Yibo's direction and immediately caught him. He waved at Yibo but Yibo didn't wave back. No he couldn't, he felt as if he was frozen on the spot for some reason.

Zhan came towards Yibo but Yibo started walking past Zhan. Because he couldn't stop replaying what he saw few seconds ago and seeing it only made him doubtful.

No..it can't be him right. Of course he is innocent.
But..

Yibo shook his head as he heard Zhan asking him what's wrong. Everything, he wanted to say. But he didn't.

Zhan stopped Yibo by his wrist spinning him towards Zhan. The moment Yibo saw Zhan's eyes he couldn't help but feel tears starting to form in his eyes. He didn't wanted to cry in front of him, so he gave the most simplest reply and started walking off.

Soon tears started falling down more freely on Yibo's face and he had to wait a few moments until Zhan was out of his sight to wipe his tears. He didn't knew why he felt like crying so suddenly but he hurried his steps back to home.

Yibo tried shutting down all those voices which kept telling him the exact thing he wanted to oppose. But it was all in vain until one important thing hit him.

Xiao Zhan is a wondering soul. Other one is alive.
Then, how was Zhan talking to him like a normal person?

His tears have long stopped from forming in the eyes,  instead he was trying to figure out how was Xiao Zhan able to talk with another person. When he heard someone's footsteps near, he knew it was Zhan so he straightened himself trying not to expose his distress self.

Zhan came in as Yibo waited for Zhan to ask him something because at every second which passed by without any words exchanging, Yibo could sense Zhan getting pissed even more.

Yibo gave Zhan a blank expression still not sure whether should he tell him about it or not. At the end he just said,

"Did you forget that you are supposed to not be seen by living people?"

Yibo observed how visibly shocked Shan was when he heard him. Oh thank god he is innocent.

"Wait. So how did I talk with him?" Zhan asked taking a seat beside Yibo. They sat there in silence before Zhan suddenly spoke.

"Don't tell me he is the one who killed me and that's why I can see him just like in those movies?" Yibo nodded his head approving. Instead of feeling down he just smiled at Yibo. Surprising him.

"Then why were you upset with me all the time?"

"He is someone I know." Yibo said.

"Oh." Zhan replied as he lied down on the bed closing his eyes. Yibo was expecting a rain of questions from him but Zhan just laid there silently. He turned towards Yibo, taking in his beautiful features.

His fair skin, his lips oh and that cute mole which is under his lips. Staring at him only reminded Yibo of their High school times. Yibo recalled how he used to stare at Zhan from far away and yet he's doing the same even after he's dead.

Yibo felt like laughing at his pathetic self but instead he lied down himself next to Zhan. He heaved a sigh and decided to tell Zhan everything.

"He is my uncle." Yibo felt Zhan open his eyes.

"After my parents died he was the who my custody belonged to. He was..not the best uncle." Yibo glanced at Zhan who turned towards him. His silence felt so comforting that Yibo continued talking.

"He was there waiting for me at home, everyday. So he could-" Yibo was cut off with a hand wrapping around his torso. He looked at Zhan who gave him a smile and said,

"It's okay you don't have to say everything. It's in past isn't it? Now it's only you and me here so why bother about anything else." He said and closed his eyes leaving Yibo to hear his rhythmical heartbeat and trying to calm down his own speeding heart.

But soon they were lying in each other's embrace. Yibo wasn't sure if Zhan was asleep or was awake just like him and hearing each other's breadth. But one thing he knew was at that moment it was just two of them, out of world and out of all turmoil out there. It was peaceful and addicting.

Yibo smiled and out of impulse he gave him a small peck on his cheek. But soon regretting seeing him open his eyes. Yibo squirmed shut my eyes tightly and praying that Zhan wouldn't suspect.

Suddenly making Yibo's eyes go wide Zhan returned the peck on his lips. Yibo could already feel a blush appearing on his face. Glad he has closed his eyes.
That day Yibo was smiling too much he couldn't even suppress it.

They say good things end quickly; but it's much more worse in my case.
Yibo just went to the store next day to buy some ingredients to try cooking for once. Besides there's someone he unconsciously want to impress at home.. But the point was that now he was seeing the most unwanted person he wanted to see at the exact store trying to buy stuff.

He felt his anger bubbling inside him to the point he felt like he would launch on the other any moment. He himself was surprised on his own incapability to control himself. A sudden thought crossed his mind. Was he becoming a vengeful ghost like he heard of before?

He was suddenly afraid as his own foot took him out of the store immediately on itself. As a breeze caressed his face he could feel himself getting cool down from whatever that triggered him back then. When he glanced at his right deciding to postpone his cooking session for some other day, he saw Xiao Zhan waving at him; with a wide smile.

Yibo hurriedly made his way towards Zhan already forgetting about what just happened.

"Aren't you cold?" Zhan asked as puffs of white smoke-ish air leaved his lips as he spoke. 

"How can I when I have the limited edition cream coloured turtle neck sweater which is made out of finest cotton that it cost me half a dozen of money, with me?" Yibo said as he laughed out seeing Zhan give him a seriously-bro-you-need-help look.

"What were you doing here anyways." Zhan questioned making Yibo visibly gulp remembering what just happened before.

"I came to buy some stuff but they weren't in that stupid shop." He lied hoping the other would buy it.

"You seriously need to tell me from where you inherited this much money." Zhan said shaking his head earning a giggle instead.

<<~>>