XZ: Dilemma

"Shijie..." Zhan's voice wavered ever so slightly when he uttered that word over the phone which was held tightly by him. He couldn't believe he had given a chance to talk to her for one last time. Once he heard his sister's melodious voice he knew he'd break down at any moment.
Zhan? How..
It was acceptable for her amusement. After all, all that she knew was of a Zhan who still laid unconscious on a white hospital bed—motionless.

"It doesn't matter does it? I'm can talk to you now."
Okay..but you how could you not even appear on my dreams till now, at the last minute you brat? Zhan could hear her sister's voice wavering on its own.

"Sorry." Zhan chuckled slowly. He already heard from Yibo that her sister will only see him as in a dream. According to her preference of the outer appearance. Zhan could only talk and listen.

Don't tell me you just came to bid farewell like it happens in those stories because you can't Zhan! You..you how can you leave us here?
Zhan was left wordless at what her sister had just said. He had no idea how to form a reply to it. He could already hear her sobbing.

For just an instant he couldn't help but re-think if it were ever possible for him to return back to life. But deep down he knew that if he return it's again going to be that purposeless life he lead before which always had a void inside him which could only be filled by Wang Yibo himself. Zhan's eyes found Yibo's gaze next to him which reminded him of the sole purpose of everything.

He was going with him. His lover. Yibo's eyes gave Zhan the console he needed. So he gathered his courage to speak up the next words.
"I just wanted to say that I have always loved you and you are my most favourite person in my family. Wait is it cringe? But still even if I can't come to you and hug you one last time. Please forgive me shijie."
Zhan'er.

The line went dead as Zhan looked at Yibo with a gaze demanding answers for why the line went dead. But Yibo only wore a helpless face back at him. It was Ziyi who spoke. "It's not his fault. It's just you have exceeded the time limit for a one call." She said while looking away. A hand snaked up to Zhan's hand, squeezing it with reassurance.

They were taking a stroll outside both with the thought that it's their last time. Zhan still haven't gotten the chance to ask Yibo about whatever happened before these days with him. Half of him was worried that it might reoccur while half was worried that if he dig up it'll reoccur. Either way it seemed as a dead end. Honestly he knew he had no rights to ask. Because after all he was a person who used to hurt the other some time ago.

If only he had the courage to turn down his friends. If only he wasn't such a coward to begin with.

He glanced at Yibo who was all smiles and pouts at the moment. With a sudden urge Zhan pecked the other's left cheek. Oh how he loved the surprised yet flustered reaction of Yibo.

"Wait hey! Let's go to that Korean fried chicken place?" Yibo asked pointing his hands towards the restaurant.
"Why you suddenly want to break away from your diet?" Zhan teased.
"When have I even been in a diet you insolent. I have a figure which will never go overweight." Yibo retorted as he strutted towards the restaurant.
"Isn't insolent a bit too harsh!" Zhan shouted to Yibo who was already opening the door of the restaurant.

Zhan had never seen someone other than Yibo order this much as expected. He clearly remembers about the last time when they were on a restaurant. Oh silly to think I was that naive back then.

"Ain't you eating? You know Koreans are the best when it comes to fried chicken. Ahh I'm going to miss this." Yibo said while munching on a chicken almost having barbecue sauce all over his face. Which would result him on doing the same thing he did back then. Zhan wondered how would it be to kiss him with sauce all over his lips. Tasty? When did I get so nasty?

Zhan however who wasn't immersed on finishing two baskets of Chicken, glanced around feeling a faint feeling of being watched. He looked around only to find themselves and few other high schoolers at the the moment. I'm just being paranoid. To begin with that today will be the day his body being disconnected to all those machines and being transferred to a mortuary was kind of disturbing to think. He was glad that he didn't stay in this world to the day where his funeral will be held. Because that would be too much to witness.

Still he didn't knew if he should go back to that hospital for one last time and watch as they close his body with a white cloth adding a tag that he was dead at his bed. He'd see his parents crying and sobbing. He'd see them refusing to let him be taken to somewhere where he'll never come back. They'll feel the pain of having to forget the idea about seeing their only son alive and walking ever again.

Zhan's train of thoughts were interrupted when he heard the door of the restaurant opening. Zhan saw a person who seemed awfully familiar walk inside and go straight to the counter speaking something with the cashier. Zhan looked at Yibo who was too lost in eating to think about anything. Typical him.
No matter how hard Zhan tried to figure out who it was he couldn't clearly understand who it was till the person walked outside the restaurant without eating anything.

It was that same man!
Zhan was too lost in thoughts to realise a chicken breast being stuffed in his mouth. He widened his mouth in surprise and looked at Yibo who was laughing.

"Oh god your expression right now...Wait lemme take a picture." Yibo took out his phone and snapped a picture of Zhan who was still trying to progress the chicken stuffed in him.
"Okay okay fine here eat it slowly." Yibo said after putting back his phone and taking out the chicken and giving small bites to the older.
"You looked disturbed that's why I did it..Sorry." Yibo mumbled looking away. Zhan should've known that the other was great at reading him.

"It's fine." Replied smiling.
"You were thinking about whether to go back in there for one last time or not right?" Zhan asked quietly.

"Hey! Quit reading my mind. But yes actually, I seriously don't know what to do Yibo. Would it be too much?" Zhan asked.

"I think it'll only increase your pain. You know I feel like I'm dragging you away from your family." Yibo said in a defeated tone.

Zhan suddenly wrapped his hands around Yibo's cheeks squishing it a little. "You are not allowed to say that again. Because you are NOT dragging me away. I'm coming with you because I want to. So don't even say that and don't even think about it."  Zhan said with slightly raised voice surprising Yibo a little. But hearing the words Zhan knew Yibo was relieved just by seeing his expression relax.

"Now finish your chicken quickly we have an afterlife to attend together." Zhan said grinning.
"You make it sound like some party." Yibo muttered suppressing a shy smile.

<<~>>

Not me imaging them doing these and getting my heart melted.