Part 5

TIMEOUT - Part Five

Kyun doesn't get it. No matter what he's doing, no matter how charming he tries to be, how nice he is, you both always end up roasting each other during the extra tuition. And he has no idea why you both make each other blow up all the time...

But somehow he's kinda glad. Cause you fight playfully again. You even apologized for your outburst. Since you didn't name any reasons for it, he's quite unsatisfied with it but it's better than nothing. And he can't deny that he needs you for his grades...

A few weeks later, on a Wednesday, Kyun sits by the sports field, tense, and watches his team's practice. There's nothing he can do against this urge to overthink. He used to be the star of this team. It's painful to see that they... just go on. It almost seems like they don't need him.

Emery, his substitute, is a miserable Wide Receiver. But he's not sure if everyone can see it or if it's just him hating that guy for getting the chance to prove his talent to the scouts. And not Kyun. Biting his lip, he tries to focus, tries to hear what the coach is telling them but Hayden and her Cheerleader team, who are practicing as well in the endzone, are too goddamn loud.

"Kyun!" he suddenly hears behind him and turns around, confused.

"Y/n?" he asks and gasps. "Oh my gosh, what time is it?"

"Almost four! I've been waiting for you for 45 minutes... what's wrong?"

Shit. He completely lost track of time. It felt like ten minutes he's been sitting here, not two hours.

"I'm so sorry" he immediately says and tries to get on his feet. "I kinda... I—"

"It's okay..." you say to his surprise and eye him worriedly. "Everything alright?"

Sighing, he nods but still manages to stand up. "Yeah... I just wanted to see the practice... didn't want to miss more than I already do..."

Again you nod, understanding before you stand there a little irresolutely.

"It's okay if... you can't make it from time to time just... text me then alright?"

Kyun looks down at you. It seems like you're having a soft day.

Shit.

He could've used that soft day of yours to get to know you better. But he missed that chance.

Sighing his eyes wander to the field and he remembers what kept his head busy the past hours. Emery just let an easy ball slip through... what an idiot.

"Y/n!" Hayden walks at a fast pace up to the both of you. "What are you doing here? Is everything okay?"

Kyun smirks. So it wasn't just a feeling of his, but seeing you at the sports field really is kind of strange.

"Yes!" you nod. "Kyun just didn't show up and —"

"And you let her look for you? Here?" Hayden interrupts you and looks at Kyun, suddenly pissed as fuck. What's going on?

"She's giving you these extra lessons, it's not her duty to look for you! Since when does the stick run after the dog I—"

"Hayden!" you interrupt her ranting while Kyun looks at her, baffled.

WHAT THE FUCK?

"It's okay!" you groan and the blonde looks at you with narrowed brows. "Okay... holler if you need me, okay? I'm right over there!"

Smiling, you nod and Kyun watches her disappear, completely confused.

"What the hell was that all about?"