Part 13

TIMEOUT - Part Thirteen

"Okay, would you do me a favor and explain this to me?" Kyun asks in a loud voice after you arrive in the study room. He's having such a hard time getting his emotions under control and he hates that he's yelling at you right now when Emery is the one that...

THIS SON OF A BITCH!

Suddenly all those little clues cross his mind. How you were hiding in the library--because he would've never found you there. All those times you were so tense and uneasy when you sat with Kyun and your friends in the cafeteria--because he was there too!

And the time Hayden almost flipped out as you were looking for Kyun at the sports field when he didn't show up for the extra lesson - because he was there too!

"Can you tell me why he's still walking around in this school, playing the big boss after what he did to you? Can you tell me why you are the one hiding when he's the one that should be locked up?"

How can you live like this? How can you stand seeing him every fucking day?

"Talk to me, babe!" he says desperately and you look at him while shaking your head.

"This isn't your fight, Changkyun..."

"Yes!" he rants. "Yes, it is! Cause he hurt you! This is my fight now too, this—"

"No!" you say in a strong voice and look at him, pissed. "Do you really think I haven't been where you are now two years ago? Do you really think that he's still at this school because I forgave him? No! Kyun, you have no fucking idea so instead of yelling at me, I'd appreciate it a LOT if you'd listen to me!"

Immediately, he closes his mouth just as he was about to say something again.

"I told you before that I don't have to be saved! I don't need moral support with this! I did everything I could but it's not as simple as you think it is!"

Gulping he stares at you. He hates that he's so angry right now.

"Then explain it to me..." he whispers.

You take a deep, shaky breath and he takes a step closer, puts his crutches aside, sits on the table, and pulls you by your hands closer to him. He's so mad that it made him forget for a second that you're probably way more upset than he is.

"Take your time..." he whispers and kisses your nose softly.

"Emery's family is... wealthy as fuck" you explain eventually in a low voice. "They have more money than you can imagine. And with money comes power... I wanted to press charges against him. I was at the police but... a few days later he and his parents showed up... This was the second-worst moment of my life... Kyun, they threatened me and my family and even made my mother think for a moment I made all of this up cause I was... ashamed of having sex this early..."

Shocked, Kyun's jaw drops. "What?"

How can his parents know what kind of dude their son is and not only defend him but also threaten his victim? Kyun's mom would've killed and buried him with her own bare hands - after she made him dig his own grave with a fucking fork!

He can't even imagine what this must've felt like...

Desperately, you nod. "This family has a lot of influence. Not just in this city but also... at a lot of colleges..."

Again he shakes his head in disbelief. "Please don't tell me they—"

"They did..." you say, whining. "They said if I dared to press charges against Emery, they would make sure I wouldn't make it to any college at all..."