Part 9

Trigger Warning: This chapter contains a conversation about sexual assault. (Not in detail I promise.) I know my TW are always a huge spoiler. But I rather spoiler than trigger you...

I love youuuuu 🖤

TIMEOUT - Part Nine

Almost immediately Kyun sees the smile disappearing from your face and you bite your lip.

"You don't have to say yes if you don't want to!" he says quickly. For a long moment, you remain silent until you look at him.

"Ask!" you say in a low voice and suddenly he's not so sure anymore. Maybe he has to start this differently.

"Um..." he gulps. "This...this party here the other day. Could it be that this wasn't your first?"

Laughing, you look at him and his heart beats a little faster. He's so glad he found a way to make this easier for you.

"It was so funny!" you giggle. "You were so eager to show the little nerd all the fun of parties. You wanted to play the hero so badly, didn't you?"

Still laughing, you shake your head and Kyun can't help but join.

"This wasn't my actual intention!" he chuckles. "But yeah, subconsciously I bet I thought something like that..."

For a moment you both laugh quietly until you sigh deeply and look at him.

"I already knew how to party!" you smirk. "I had a... a wild phase two years ago. Went to a lot of parties..."

Two years ago? So you were only fifteen? Isn't that a tad soon for parties?

"With Josie and Hayden?" he asks hesitantly and you shake your head, your eyes fixed on the silent water.

"With other people" you lift your head and look at him. "The wrong people!"

Immediately Kyun feels his stomach turning. Wrong people is always a bad sign.

"I wanted to be an adult so so much!" you keep on telling him. "And I thought, what makes me feel more mature than parties? I snuck out so often, went to senior parties a lot - I even landed at a college party once!" you giggle and he chuckles even though he finds this quite alarming.

"At one of these parties... there was this dude. He was already 16 - not a senior at all but he liked to party as much as I did! So we texted a lot after and he was very nice!" you smile at him. Gosh, you're so beautiful when you smile. He wonders if you ever smile like this when you think about him...

Gulping he shakes his head to focus on your story.

"He was very charming and he cared a lot about me. I really liked him!"

Kyun gets you. First loves always hit different... he knows that.

"So one night we met at one of those parties again. We had a lot of fun. He was a good dancer... and then we kissed..."

Kyun feels the mood suddenly changing... your smile is gone and you stare into the emptiness, pensively.

"I liked kissing him as much as I liked him. One thing I didn't really think through when I wanted to be an adult was..." with a serious gaze you look at him. "The adult stuff..."

Immediately he holds his breath. He doesn't dare to speak, doesn't dare to breathe.

"He led me to one of the bedrooms and I really had no bad feeling about this!" you suddenly chuckle. "I liked him and I knew he liked me! And it was okay for me to make out in bed, why not? And I was sure that when I told him that I wasn't not ready yet, he'd stop, right? Cause I mean something to him and he'd never do anything without my consent!"