Part 17

TIMEOUT - Part Seventeen

Confused, Kyun shakes his head. "What do you mean?"

"He... hurt another girl..."

Immediately his mother gasps loudly and his father cusses while Kyun's jaw drops in utter disbelief.

"WHAT?" His thoughts are running circles again. "But it... was not y/n, right?"

Quickly, Shownu shakes his head. "No! No, it wasn't her. It um... it was Rose..."

Kyun feels his stomach turning. Sure, things with Rose didn't turn out the way he wished for but this is definitely nothing she deserves. No one deserves this.

"Fuck!" he breathes and looks at his friend in shock. "Is she okay?"

"Yes!" Shownu nods. "She was lucky... as lucky as you can be in this situation... Her friends found them before worse things could've happened..."

The mere thought that this fucker runs around, forcing himself on girls, and just keeps on with his life...

This is so horrible, it leaves Kyun completely speechless.

"This poor girl..." his mom whines and takes a big gulp of her wine...

There's this uncomfortable silence, when everyone seems to be beaten down by this news. And suddenly Shownu leans closer to Kyun.

"Changkyun. Think about what this means!"

Since he has no idea what his buddy means, he shakes his head, confused again. "What?"

"Emery was stupid enough to touch the only girl in this school whose parents are even richer, even more powerful than his!"

Oh. My. God!

Kyun stares at him, wide-eyed.

"Do you mean—?"

Shownu's nodding interrupts him. "He got arrested this morning!"

Again, Kyun's jaw drops and a weird sound of relief and shock escapes his throat.

"There were witnesses, Kyun. Her friends. And... Rose speaking up made others braver as well. Since this morning, seven more girls have gone to the police..."

Chills of pure disgust run down Kyun's spine.

"SEVEN?" his father yells and slams his fist on the table. Seven girls. And that's probably not even the full number...

"Y/n was amongst them..." the Quarterback whispers and this gives Kyun the rest.

"Oh my god..."

He knows he shouldn't be happy about this. He shouldn't feel the kind of happiness he feels right now after so many girls got hurt. But the mere thought that you were brave enough to speak up against your assailant, brave enough to crawl out of your comfort zone, makes him so damn proud.

"She talked to Rose and her parents before" Shownu explains. "They assured her that they won't let Emery's parents destroy her future...And it's easy to keep one girl quiet. But eight? No one will believe Emery..."

There are so many thoughts on Kyun's mind right now. But all he can think of right now is you. Abruptly, he jumps up.

"I need to go to her. I need to see—"

"Kyun, don't..." his friend holds him by his arm.  "She was okay with me coming here but..." he gulps. "Give her a little time. This day was hard for her..."

"But I wanna be there for her!" he rants. "I wanna make sure she's not alone with—"

"She's not alone. Josie and Hayden are with her... the ones who've been with her for the past two years..."