Part 7

TIMEOUT - Part Seven

It seems like you haven't been in a hurry as you left. Kyun just sees you walking out of the building at the other side of the corridor. Relieved, that he doesn't have to look in the entire school for you now, he follows you outside. A little lost you sit there on the lawn, staring into the emptiness.

"Y/N" Kyun asks hesitantly and your head shoots up to him.

"I'm not weird!" you blurt and he tilts his head, confused before he shakes it firmly.

"I never assumed you're weird..."

Okay, maybe he did but not in an insulting way! Carefully he sinks next to you into the grass and resists the urge to take your still-bandaged hand.

"I know that I have some... idiosyncrasies that are... hard to deal with. I know that I'm annoying and that you've been trying for weeks now to figure me out but I..." you stop and Kyun's eyes widen in shock as you suddenly start to cry.

Oh, gawd.

The urge to hug you was never stronger but he still has this strange feeling that you might not want this.

"You're not..." he says and carefully pulls your hands down as you cover your face. "I mean you are... a little but it's okay... and... I like those idiosyncrasies..."

Confused you furrow your brows. "Why?"

Kyun chuckles and gently tucks some loose hair behind your ear. "Why not?"

For a long moment, you look at him before a soft smile appears on your face. He's just about to open his mouth again, as he hears someone calling his name. Confused, he turns and sees... Rose?

"Can we talk?" she asks with a smile on her face and eyes you head to toe. Inwardly Kyun growls. He hates this. He hates the impact that girl has on him. His common sense tells him that you're more important right now... but. It's Rose! No matter how hard he tries, he just can't pretend he doesn't care about her.

"Kyun?" she says a little impatiently and shakes her head as if she can't believe he's making her wait.

"Go!" you say and get on your feet. "We'll meet after school!"

He feels his skin prickling pleasantly as you touch his arm before you walk past him.

"Who was that?" Rose asks after he got on his feet and walked over to her. "I've seen you quite often with her lately?"

Why does she even care?

"Her name's Y/N" Kyun replies and scratches his head. "She gives me extra tutoring..."

Rose bites her lip, still watches you walking over the lawn, and shakes her head. "Not the prettiest..."

Of course, she says stuff like this. Her biggest hobby is tearing others down to make herself feel better. He hates that he feels attracted to a girl like her...

But first loves probably always hit differently.

"What do you want?" he asks, a little annoyed and suddenly Rose tilts her head and lays her hands on his chest.

"Why are you so grumpy? Kyun... I really miss you..."

This dude feels like he's tripping. Did he hear this right? This can't be...

"What?" he gasps and eyes her surprised.

Rose bites her lip and lets her hands glide up and down his chest.

"Yeah... I was stupid... not knowing what I want... I'm sorry!"

Hm. For such a long time he was hoping, dreaming about this. He wanted her back so bad but now...? He feels... nothing?