Part 8

TIMEOUT - Part Eight

Groaning and panting, Kyun crawls over the little porch roof up to your window. This was actually planned differently. He wanted to text you but then he saw the little flower-trellis and before he knew what he was doing he found himself climbing up this shit. Something made him forget that he has a broken leg but since his knee is perfectly fine, climbing was easy. Even though he knows if his doctor, parents, or coach caught him, he'd be fucked.

Carefully he looks through the window into your room, sees you sitting in your bed in front of your laptop. Somehow he expected this to be romantic but now he feels like the worst creep.

Shit.

Okay, fuck this. Carefully he knocks on the window. Immediately you flinch, almost falling off your bed before you seem to recognize him.

"Hey Juliet!" he smirks at you after you open the window, still a little shocked.

"Kyun, for fuck's sake, are you out of your mind? Do you wanna give me a heart attack?" you whisper. "What if my parents see you!"

"That's why I'm using the window, duh?" he chuckles. "Move aside!"

Immediately you take a few steps back and watch him climbing into the room.

"Where are your crutches?"

He smirks and falls on the broad window ledge. "Had to come up here without them. They're still lying in the grass outside."

"Sure," you mumble in disbelief. "Hurt your leg even more... what are you doing here?"

Kyun knew this question would come. But no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't come up with a rational reason. Besides the fact that he couldn't wait till Monday to see you again... but he doesn't wanna tell you that. It might scare you off - well... he already climbed through your window and you haven't attacked him yet...

"I... I really don't know!" he shrugs. "I kinda wanted to see you..."

There's this small smile appearing on your face and he looks at you more carefully. It's weird seeing you in a tank top and shorts...

You seem to have the same thought as well cause now you lay your arms around your body again.

"I'm sorry!" he mumbles and quickly lowers his gaze while you walk to your wardrobe.

"You can look..." you say after a few moments in a low voice and he smirks as he sees you in longer sweatpants but still wearing a tank top only.

While clicking his tongue, he looks around before he gets on his feet. Or tries to. Groaning, he grimaces. Maybe climbing up here wasn't the best idea...

Immediately, you walk up to him and help him sit on your giant bed.

"I like your room..." he admits while looking around. "It's cozy... you have a nice... eye for interior design..."

The colors white and gold are the most dominant here. Some nice abstract pencil drawings at the wall and a lot of green plants give all of it a very comfy vibe.

"Ah I don't know..." you say and let yourself fall next to him. "Got most of it from Instagram and Tiktok... it's hard to... get influenced by so many things. I don't know who I am anymore..."

Kyun furrows his brows. "What does that mean?"

"That - for example - I don't even know if I like indie music because I really like it or if it's because my favorite artist likes it..."

He can't help but laugh, because your way of thinking is so complex. This is something he never thought about.

"But isn't this what we are?" he asks and smirks. "Influenced by millions of things?"