Part 15

TW: Mentions of violence and blood

TIMEOUT - Part Fifteen

In the next few days, Kyun drowns in practice. The joy in the team at his return was huge and Emery's face more than priceless. He missed spending time with his friends. Sure, he saw them at school but with all the parties he didn't go to and with them practicing every free minute for the big endgame, there weren't many possibilities to see them.

His coach wants him to take it slow but Kyun refuses to take this advice. He has to catch up, he needs to be good again. Even though he still has to wear a brace, to protect his leg, it doesn't keep him from running as fast as he used to again.

He almost forgot about the adrenaline that rushes through his body when he catches a ball.

This is everything!

The practice also distracts him from you. You hurt him deeply with your reaction.

His mom taught him that his feelings are valid just like girls' feelings. And he is damn hurt. But right now, he has to focus on the game. This thing with you has to wait.

"KYUN!"

He barely realized that the sun had already gone down when he hears Wonho's voice echoing over to him while he's doing cardio on the field. Confused, he stops, breathing heavily.

"What?"

"Go home!" he calls. "It's almost nine!"

Kyun immediately shakes his head. "Can't. I have to practice!"

Without another word, he keeps on footing at a fast pace over some tires as he suddenly gets jerked back and Wonho pulls him close to his chest.

"Go home, Kyun!" he groans. Again he shakes his head.

"I can't!" he gasps. "I have to... need to... the game... I have to be fit for—"

"Kyun, listen to me" the Tight End interrupts him. "Yes. We indeed need you fit. But not just physically, also mentally. You need rest, you're overdoing it! I have no idea what you're running away from but excessive training is not the solution!"

"I'm not running away.." Kyun scoffs. "And I know what my body is capable of! I'm fine!"

"You don't seem fine to me?"

Before Kyun can answer, Shownu shows up.

"What's the matter?"

Wonho crosses his arms and eyes Kyun head to toe. "He's killing himself, that's what's the matter!"

Contemptuously, Kyun scoffs again. "I am fine!" he growls and is about to go on with his workout, as Shownu grabs him by his collar.

"Take a shower!" he says in a calm but certain voice. "And then you'll eat with us, no discussion!"

Angry, Kyun rips himself out of the Quarterback's grip and passes Wonho who smirks happily at him.

Stupid assholes.

Gasping, Kyun lets the steaming hot water run over his body. If he's honest with himself, he's in pain. So much pain. Every single muscle in his body hurts and he groans with pleasure as the hot water soothes the pain a little. He knows he's overworking himself but he has to overcome the painful part, has to bite through, only a few more days.

Maybe then he'll also be able to clarify this with you.

You.

He misses you so much. Gosh, he misses your face and your touches and your kisses. He misses how you listen to his worries, you always manage to cheer him up. But there's this overwhelming ache in his chest.