4

Walking from Delilah's room after changing they were still in the kitchen waiting on me.

"Hey", Delilah said .

"Hey," I said walking to the kitchen sink to wash my hands.

"Sooo, what have you been up to lately Grayson, asked Hazel".

"Nothing much, just the usual," I replied.

It's was obvious Hazel was trying to make small talk so it wouldn't be awkward between Delilah and I , but it made it even more worst.

"Oh , that's cool , I've been working at my mom's business with her over the summer," she stated .

"Really, and how's that going", I said trying to sound enthusiastic.

"It's been pretty good, I got about 3 new sales of people who want to buy my paintings," she replied.

"That's great Hazel," I stated.

I was happy for Hazel don't get me wrong but that wasn't my main focus .. Delilah was.

With the back in forth chitchat between Hazel and I, Delilah's mind seemed to be in some other place.

"What about you Delilah?", I asked.

"Huh?", she questioned. 

"How have you been?", I asked again.

"Oh , me I been fine," she said bluntly.

Opening the pizza box reaching for a slice of pizza I was disgusted .

"Who the hell ordered pineapples on the pizza," I asked.

Laughing Hazel pointed to Delilah.

"You ordered pineapple on the pizza,"I asked again.

"Y-yeah, that's before I even knew you were coming , if I knew you were coming I would have never ordered that I know you hate that kind," she replied jokingly.

FLASHBACK
6th grade year.

"Okay, next question .. would you rather eat cheese pizza or pineapple.", Maya asked .

"100 % cheese pizza , pineapple is disgusting," I stated.

"What?", Hazel questioned.

"What do you mean what it's nasty, why is there fruit on pizza it's doesn't make any sense".

"Pineapple's are so good on pizza it's like a sweet and savory type of taste," Delilah stated.

"Yeah you can keep that far away from me". I said.

END OF FLASHBACK

"Haha, remember 6 grade year when we were all over Maya's house,?" Hazel asked .

Delilah smile faded quickly.

"Yeah I remember," I stated.

  "Anyways let's get in to pool", Delilah said hopping up quickly walking to the pool almost as if she was trying to get away from that conversation.

"Race you there", I said speeding pass the both of them.

Jumping into the pool the water splashed in the air.

*Delilah POV*

Hours had passed of all of us catching up together in the pool.

Eventually, we got out the pool after playing childish games.

"Okay, I'm going to rinse off in the shower before I go", Hazel said winking at me.

She knew what she was doing leaving Grayson and I alone.