32

Grayson's POV
Sep 23rd 2023
Time: 6:45 pm

I switch the turning signal on as Hazel continues speaking to us in the car.

"But it's really just like why would they not film
another season of the show", she ranted.

"Like I get it, they canceled the show because of Covid, because there were a lot of people on the set, but Covid's basically over now like they can start back filming the show".

"Exactly, and then the cliff hanger at the end was uncalled for if they were just going to cancel the show", I replied back.

I glazed over in Delilah's direction, but she was too busy being fascinated by the palm trees outside the window.

It was like her mind was in a completely different place since we picked her up.

"Remi".

"Yea", she replied looking in my direction.

"Are you even listening to us", Hazel stated from the backseat of the car.

"Yea, I am".

"She's definitely not listening, what's the last thing we said".

She turned her attention to Hazel and I.

"I don't know".

"See", Hazel and I both say in unison.

I laugh slightly, but return my attention back to her as she rolls her eyes at our responds.

"No, but really are you okay, you've been kinda quiet since we picked you up", I asked her.

"I'm just tired".

"Well we're almost here now", Hazel added.

I could tell she was lying.

I just didn't know what was bothering her. I didn't want to bombard her with questions, because I hate when people do it to me I didn't wanna seem like a hypocrite, but I hate to see her upset or down about something. I mean it could possibly be me, I haven't really called or texted her in a while since we last seen eachother at her friends party, but it's just because I've been busy with school, work, and maintaining a "relationship" with my father.

I wonder to myself is it Valentina or Darren.

It's gotta be hard for her, given the fact that it happened so fast.

The whole marriage thing and moving away.

I just don't want her to beat herself up about something she can't control.

I don't want her to be upset with me over something I can't control.

I glaze back over in her direction, and her heads laying on the window now.

I want to place my hand on her hers, but I don't.

*~*
I knocked on the door to the guest bed room Remi was in.

"Hey", I stated closing the door behind me.

I wanted to have a private conversation with her.

"Hi", she replied. 

I noticed she was avoiding looking at me.

She continued to fix her unphased hair in the mirror.

"You okay".

"Yea, I'm better now... I think I was just car sick".

"Delilah", I stated saying her name to gather her full attention.

"Mh", she replied continuing to never look in my direction.

"Look at me".

Her glaze finally meets mine, and I see it disappointment... disappointment in her eyes.