27

3 months later
Sep 5th 2023
Time: 7:45am

After an "eventful" summer I roamed the halls of Balboa High school in confusion.

My schedule says H15, but there's no H15 anywhere near me.

This school is huge, way bigger than my last one which is kinda a blessing because maybe know one will notice I'm new here.

"Are you new here", a feminine voice asked behind me.

Just my luck.

"Yeah, I can't find my class my schedule says H15, but I cant find it", I stated awkwardly.

"Oh, H15 is that way, but everyone's in the auditorium right now because the principal gives like a big speech at the beginning of the school year every first day of school, here come this way", she ranted.

"I figured you were new because everyone that roams the halls on the first day are".

"I'm Janae by the way", she replied as I'm walked next to her.

"Delilah", I replied.

"Pretty".

"Thank you".

"You're welcome".

She seemed really nice.

She had long hot pink braids that went all the way to her butt. It was something about her voice that gave off she had a generous heart.

"What grade are you in".

"12th", I replied.

"Same".

"What school did you use to go to, if you don't mind me asking".

"Palm's Springs High School".

"Wait you moved here from Palm Springs".

"Yeah".

This felt like the longest walk to the auditorium.

"Do you know what lunch you have".

I look down at my schedule before answering her question.

"It doesn't say".

"Here let me see".

"Well you have visual arts during 1st period so you most likely will have 2nd lunch", she stated in a some what "wishing me good luck tone".

"Why'd you say it like that", I asked her.

"Well that's the lunch with majority of the basketball players and I mean they're kinda of... annoying".

I take in a deep breath of frustration.

"Yeah", she replied disappointed for me.

Finally we were at the auditorium.

Almost everyone turned there head when she opened the door for me to walk in, I'm guessing we were late.

Some guy waved over for her and there just so happen to be two empty seats next to him.

"Hey", she whisper shouted as we slide in to sit next to him.

"Hey, what took you so long", he asked.

"Oh, Delilah this is Mateo, Mateo this is Delilah".

He stared straight into me like he knew everything about me, but there was no emotion in his eyes.

His eyes automatically lit up when he turned his attention back to Janae.