@green_mic

Hey, Lauv here

Hey, Lauv here. A warm welcome to the people who decided to take a peak at TalkQuickNotes.

Some authors record their thoughts on writing in books, some as essays, and some as letters. Writing has wide genres and types, and a great piece of writing has the ability to turn your illogical thoughts to be logical. Today we have Jammy [ green_mic ] an incredible author with a mature point of view.

➽ Hello Jammy, thank you so much for sparing your precious time for me and TalkQuickNotes. It's such a honor.

- Thank you for having me! I'm honored you find me worthy of your time!

➽ I'm thrilled to see things through your pov.

- I hope I can make it worth your while.

➽ You being here is more than worth my time <3

- Aww thank you ♥

➽ Can you tell me a little about yourself?

- I became an ARMY in 2016 (Save Me did it for me), and it’s been about 5 years since Taekook came into my life (and improved it greatly). The details of my personal life shall remain mysterious!

➽ Save me is such a masterpiece ✨

- It will always have a special place in my heart ♥

➽ <3

Moving forward, when did you realise you wanted to be a writer ?

- My first piece of creative writing was a poem about a goldfish. I was perhaps 8 or 9. Sadly, the notebook is lost now, along with this no doubt very emotional ode to the carp. Later, as a teen, I would make up stories about pirates and mermaids and whatnot and tell them to my friends during summer camp. Alas, summer never lasted long enough for the adventures to come to an end. Writing has always been something I wanted to do, but I grew up in a country that does not teach Creative Writing in university. So I ended up straying from this path for a while, until Wattpad and Taekook, that is.

➽ I hope you achieve all your dreams and explore in writing as much as you desire <3

- Thank you! I hope so too.

➽ What was the one of the most surprising things you learnt in creating your books?

- The most surprising discovery was that of my own voice. I had a vague idea of what the concept of ‘voice’ was for other writers in terms of style, preferred topics and themes, narrative techniques and the likes. But I never gave my own voice much thought. I just focused on the story I wanted to tell and the best ways for me to tell it. When people began recognizing my writing without knowing it was mine, I realized how unique one’s voice actually is. It is what makes one’s writing personal and distinct, and it is something to nurture and explore. This was no doubt the most fascinating discovery of my writing journey.