Chapter 7- Nevaeh

~Heaven~
•Chapter 7•

The rain falls, soaking the once warm clothes I had worn to school.

I had no work after school so I decided to take my time and walk home in the rain.

Many hate the rain. They hate the feeling of coldness and sadness they believe it brings sadness, though I believe it never actually brings sadness.

That's just bull shit if you actually blame the rain for sadness.

I love the rain because of how beautiful it looks. It reminds me of my childhood. Reminding me of the beautiful memories I never seemed to forget.

When I was four I could feel fear. The rain scared me. I remember all the rainy nights leading up to the day of my diagnosis.

I would run to my brother's room because I was scared. He would tell me nothing was ever going to hurt me because he would protect me.

I was born with my condition but it was never supposed to be so bad. It all started to go downhill when my drunk dad pushed me down the stairs at the age of 10 causing me to go unconscious and when I woke up my parents were told my condition has taken a leap and I would have memory loss too.

I know my dad remembers it.

Because he apologized for it,

I didn't remember what happened until six months later and then a month after remembering he apologized. It was the first time I ever heard him tell me he loved me.

Flashback...

"I didn't m-mean to hurt you, I'm s-sorry for pushing you down the stairs. I love you," he drunkenly says while plopping onto the couch next to me.

"I'll stop drinking, I promise. I love you," he slurs as his eyes close and the bottle of beer falls onto the ground.

I take off the blanket, that had once wrapped around me, and place it onto him.

I kiss his forehead before leaning to his ear and whispering, "next time say it when you're sober,"

Flashback over...

He didn't stop until his company got famous and him being the front of it would mean he would have to stop drinking and sober up.

As I reach my driveway I notice my brother's car parked there.

As I make my way to the front door I notice the lights all on as well.

As I open the front door the distant chatter coming from the kitchen catches me off guard.

I walk past the living room throwing my bag on the couch then go into the kitchen.

What the fuck is it a holiday?

"Wow no welcome home, what kind of girl have I raised?" Mom says

None because you haven't raised me.

"Welcome home," I mumble walking to the fridge wanting to grab a monster.

I need energy if I'm dealing with their bullshit.

"We are having a family dinner tonight since we are all here be down here by 8," dad says causing me to roll my eyes.

I grab the monster and head out of the kitchen.

"Where are you going," mom says as I grab my school bag again and walk to the door.

"Stop acting as if you care, we are not on camera," I say as I shut the door cutting her from my view.