Chapter 15- Nevaeh

~Addiction~
•Chapter 15•

2 weeks later...

Addiction; is the fact or condition of being addicted to a particular substance, thing, or activity.

Everyone has an addiction. Many never get to believe that it's an addiction because they believe the term "addiction" doesn't fit in the situation they are shown to be in, but the people around know it's an addiction. So why not agree that it's an addiction?

Well because It's hard to come to terms with it.

You might be thinking not all addictions are bad, and you're right.

But you have to understand there is a certain limit your body can hold physically and mentally and you just need to learn how to set those limits so they don't overflow.

Because once it overflows, you become your own addiction.

Your thoughts begin to overflow, your emotions get out of hand, and you lose control.

Like many are not addicted to having drugs but the feeling of what the drugs give them.

You see I'm not addicted to fear, I'm addicted to the thought of losing all my fears.

All my mind allowed me to think of was when was it going to happen, when would I stop having the ability to fear.

I guess you can say I'm my own addiction now.

It hurts some days, knowing I could've been normal,

That maybe if I was normal my parents and brother would actually be a family to me, that they could have possibly cared for me.

There are a bunch of different possibilities that could've happened but I've learned to understand that even with those possibilities I wasn't given it because the world knew better.

One of my favourite sayings is rejection is protection.

Saying if something doesn't go your way in the world such as if you were rejected in any sort of way/ put in a stressful or difficult situation it only happened because it's protecting you so you can see the outcome which would be better.

It's protecting you for the better.

It's another way of saying everything happens for a reason.

"Are you even listening to me?" Belle asks with her hands on her hips while tapping the floor with her feet.

"Yes?" I say more as a question.

"You need to stay focused Eva! I'm trying to help you pick an outfit for your date," Belle says back flopping on my bed with a groan causing me to lay on my stomach staring at her.

It has been three weeks since I've met Belle and as the days go by she's more like a sister to me than a best friend.

"I know I'm sorry tinker Belle will you forgive me and help a poor rotten soul sister out," I ask trying not to laugh but failing miserably.

"Well lucky for you poor rotten soul sister I'm feeling extra generous so I will," she says grabbing my hand and dragging me to my closet.

"So has any of them tried to scare you?" She asks making me laugh.

"Jaden James and Landon tried to three times all three times failing miserably," I say walking out of the closet and to my vanity to put on my earrings,

"Keep it up buttercup we still got four more months I don't want you to lose the bet on the eighth month," she says

"I mean the more months that go by the easier it gets for me," I say

"Do you know how long you have until you completely lose it?" She asks

"If I did I wouldn't be asking myself that question every night," I answer, finishing clipping the last earring in place.

She hum's in response while exiting the closet with a cute casual dress in hand,

"Here put this on he'll be here soon," she says throwing it at me

I catch the dress and go to the bathroom to change.

When I re-enter the room belle is on her phone on my bed.

I hear a knock on my front door which catches Belle's attention making her pause and look at me while clapping her hands.

"What are you waiting for go!" She says shaking her hands telling me to leave.

"You're in my house telling me to leave?"

"Yes now go,"

I laugh her off and make my way to the front door.

When I reach the front door and open it I freeze.

What the fuck.

When did he get back?

Without thinking my arms go over his neck causing him to hug me back.

"You're back?" I asked hugging him tighter not wanting to let go he nods his head making me squeal causing him to laugh,

"I missed you firefly," he says squeezing me tighter,

———————————————————————

A/n: sorry I haven't been uploading I wasn't mentally In the right place.