Chapter 31- Sladen

~The finale~
•Chapter 31

6 months later...

As I near the house the gate was already open. I drive into her driveway and park my car exiting and making my way to her house.

I never wanted to leave her but after I had killed my father I had too many targets on my back I did not need more people after her.

I did it to protect her and today I've finally come out of hiding since the bounty on my head had ended due to the fact I killed the person who put it there.

As I go up the steps I'm about to knock only for the door to open.

"Sladen?" Kenji says as Noah comes from behind.

"I'm here to see Nevaeh I want to finally be able to explain myself," I say as they both exchange looks and sigh.

"Come in," Noah says and so I do. I follow behind them as they lead me to the living room.

"Sit," Kenji says making me confused.

As I sit down Noah takes a seat and begins to talk, "she's not here Sladen,"

"Well, when will she be back," I ask.

"She not coming back," Kenji says.

"Three weeks before you disappeared she had a doctor's appointment," Noah starts making me dread what they're about to say.

"No," I whisper.

"She was diagnosed with a meningioma brain tumour and it wasn't benign the doctors hadn't realized how big it was until they got in there,"

Just like that in a matter of seconds, my whole world came crashing down. No support to keep it standing my support was no longer here.

"She was given 5 months, she passed last month," Kenji says as Noah excused himself.

Four words.

Four words that will forever haunt me.

'She passed last month,'

'You'll understand later why I'm thankful,'

Hot tears fall down my face as I realized I failed her.

Noah re-enters the room with an envelope in hand.

"She told us to give it to you, she said she knows one dish you'll come back to explain," he says.

She knew.

I take the envelope and they both leave giving me space to see whatever's in the envelope.

As I open it I realize it's a letter.

Unfolding the letter I begin to read it as I realize she took my heart with her.

•••

Dear Satan,

I know you love me and I know what you were saying was a lie because you have a tell, your eyes twitch when you lie and quite frankly I find it cute.

Also, you can't fake the love we had because our love was out of this world.

On my deathbed, Noah and Kenji told me that after killing your father a hit was put on you so you had to hide and leave me to protect me. I put two and two together the night you broke things off.

You were my first actual love and I am so thankful you were my last as well. You made me feel like a queen, not just a princess, you made me understand what love really meant.

You made me realize I was worth love and as you're reading this I want you to know you still deserve to be loved because you made me the happiest person alive, all the way to the end.

From the day you asked me out on that beach, to my first time vandalizing a building, or the times you made me open your door for you, all those little gestures made me finally feel alive. You were my light as much as I was yours. I am not taking that light away from you because I'm always with you maybe not physically but always mentally.

Take care of yourself my love because your Heaven needs her sin, after all, you are my Heavenly Sin.

•••

Until we meet again my love.

The end.

-------------------------

A/N: thank you everyone for the love and support I love you all!

Ima out.